Need ID

This is my co-worker's bike that's living in my garage for awhile and I'm wondering what it is. He's got construction going on at his house and just had it sitting outside in his backyard.

Apparently it runs, but I couldn't get it to fire up today. I didn't really give it much effort though.

Attachments

mustangfrank

This is my co-worker's bike that's living in my garage for awhile and I'm wondering what it is. He's got construction going on at his house and just had it sitting outside in his backyard.

Apparently it runs, but I couldn't get it to fire up today. I didn't really give it much effort though.
I always have trouble judging scale/size by pictures but looks like it started out life as a Ruttman. I thought the Harrison frames made by Ruttman had the angle in the fender mounts, front is but the rear is straight.

Thanks guys!

I gave it a quick rip after work today and it is not confidence inspiring. It's scarier to ride at 20mph than my CT200U is at 60mph. I think a lot of it has to do with that big tire on the front and the handlebar setup.

Lizardking

Thanks guys!

I gave it a quick rip after work today and it is not confidence inspiring. It's scarier to ride at 20mph than my CT200U is at 60mph. I think a lot of it has to do with that big tire on the front and the handlebar setup.
I agree on the bad wheel and handle bar setup. I also have a ct200u and the Harrison rides better for me.

I just picked one up similar to that, but mine seems to have come with dual foot pegs that seem original. tag says "18058" and of course the future tube repair option. mine looks to have the same fork but with the flat fender mount, so must be stock? If its not super desirable i thought i'd put a mm80 front suspension fork on it, a 420 pred/30 series and as long a seat as possible with as big a balloon tire as possible for a tandem trail rig for my wife and myself.
IMG_8553.JPG IMG_8556.JPG IMG_8557.JPG IMG_8559.JPG IMG_8561.JPG IMG_8563.JPG IMG_8558.JPG IMG_8562.JPG 276956446_5037984832944452_3076041046171378061_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm going to be selling it. I kind of want to get one of the Mega Moto 212 rollers that GPS is selling. I've had a hankering to get a big tire bike lately since mine are all small tire.

I think I'm going to be selling it. I kind of want to get one of the Mega Moto 212 rollers that GPS is selling. I've had a hankering to get a big tire bike lately since mine are all small tire.
I have the mega moto max version and they are damn nice bikes. a small block briggs v twin and 40 series fit them like they were meant to be too. Its what I plan to do to mine. IMG_20210125_170718.jpg

I think I may keep it now. :scooter:

I put a 6x3 Tri-star wheel on it and the front end feels much better now. Still haven't ridden it with it on there yet though. I can feel the difference just when pushing the bike around. I also installed a real header on it and got rid of the homemade screw-in one it had. I'm taking it over to my friend's house this weekend to throw on a taller set of bars that he made and doesn't want for any of his bikes. He's going to fuck with the carb some too and see if he can get it running better. He's much better at that stuff than I am.

I'm thinking about sticking the spare suspension front end I have on it too.

edit: I do have new chain and a clutch that's in much better shape that will be going on it in the next day or two as well.

Attachments

Lizardking

Put on a 12" tall rear tire to get rid of the rake and removed the jackshaft setup from it. Also stuck on the taller handlebar.

Now I just need to move the engine over a bit to get the chain to line up and it will be almost ready to go.
It's going to be a nice rider when you're done. Why did you remove the jack shaft though? Some ape bars might make a difference in the ride compared to the smaller bmx style. Imo the taller rear wheel looked good how you had it. Compare the ride with both wheels and feel which rides best. There's a write up on converting those forks to spring suspension.

My Harrison is my go to bike for short rides on paved roads. I've yet to ride offroad with it but the wide tires should handle it fairly well..

It's going to be a nice rider when you're done. Why did you remove the jack shaft though? Some ape bars might make a difference in the ride compared to the smaller bmx style. Imo the taller rear wheel looked good how you had it. Compare the ride with both wheels and feel which rides best. There's a write up on converting those forks to spring suspension.

My Harrison is my go to bike for short rides on paved roads. I've yet to ride offroad with it but the wide tires should handle it fairly well..
Just not really a fan of jackshaft setups and running a straight chain is easier. In the little bit I've ridden it with the smaller rear tire, it definitely handles much better. The front end needs some work to improve the rake on it so it's not as twitchy feeling. It should be a fun rider to tool around on when it's done. I kind of want a bike that's not heavily modded for a change.

That drum brake seems to merely be a suggestion and barely slows it down. That's one thing that definitely needs addressing. We tried adjusting it and that didn't do much. I'll probably add a clutch band brake to it.

This frame has had a lot of welding done to it over the years, so at least I'm not messing up a pristine vintage one.

after some more diggin, i think you have a ruttman wildcat. I decided to keep mine all 'murican and vintage. SO i picked up a 5 hp briggs flatty, already got the tecumseh intake so I can run a pz19 slide carb, gov removal and may do a little port/polish and relieve on it. Will probably be impossible, but i hope to find a flywheel and chargin coil so i can run lights off it too. should make a nice crusier. May or may not keep the rigid forks or go the mm-80 suspension fork route, not sure yet.