Need ideas on next project

I picked this bike up for a song and have had it laying around so I decided to stick it up on the lift and see what I could do with it. It had a 5hp Briggs on it, but it needs rebuilt. I'll probably go with a 212 Predator and a TAV 2. I need some ideas for paint color, wheels, etc. I know this forum is chocked full of opinions, so let them roll. I have built several of these Baja's in the past and they always end up painted black. Time for something else. Your thoughts?

delray

trying to get that right color sometimes can be a hard one....:facepalm:
i been thinking of building another bike and i kind of like the older style colrs they use on 40's cars and pre-war cars. for example the dark blue with the lite cream color rims or maybe the dark Burgundy Paint with black rims and maybe with a red pin strip on the rim or you could go with a build using some aluminum rims or old school painted spoke wheels....:shrug: just some ideals to think about.

I love the '70's scheme...flake, lace, scallops, etc. but I'm afraid that's a bunch above my skill level, and being a cheapskate do-it-yourselfer, I think I'll stick with something a bit simpler.

i was going to say, before your last post on keeping it simple, :laugh::

rake and maybe stretch the frame (especially rake the front end to drop the front lower) after adding 10" front wheel

drop the fender over the tires and trim to match the circumference of the rims

stretch the tank

put mini apes on it and angle them a little more vertically

paint it blue on the top, black on the bottom 2 tone (including frame), a silver stripe pattern (which is now stuck in my head), black pinstripe on the edge between the blue and silver. blue pinstripe on the edge between the black and silver... an if you are feeling crazier, spray the entire bike with blue pearl (mixed in your first two coats of clear)

:anon.sml:

i was going to say, before your last post on keeping it simple, :laugh::

rake and maybe stretch the frame (especially rake the front end to drop the front lower) after adding 10" front wheel

drop the fender over the tires and trim to match the circumference of the rims

stretch the tank

put mini apes on it and angle them a little more vertically

paint it blue on the top, black on the bottom 2 tone (including frame), a silver stripe pattern (which is now stuck in my head), black pinstripe on the edge between the blue and silver. blue pinstripe on the edge between the black and silver... an if you are feeling crazier, spray the entire bike with blue pearl (mixed in your first two coats of clear)
And chrome both wheels for that Fatboy look, with custom stitched leather saddle bags- blue stitching. For the engine, pick up that small block in parts for 1000 bucks in the for sale section and run the bitch on alky. :thumbsup:

As long as we're spending your money.

I like the color of the Enfield. Think I'll stick with the Predator engine.....makes plenty of steam and it fits the bike perfectly. I thank all of you for your ideas. It's fun seeing how many different themes and colors are out there. I now have some fuel for further thought. Since I have all winter to work on this project, I'll stay tuned to this forum for more good information.

Thanks.