Need some help 3HP B&S throttle set up

MIGZ

I got the motor all cleaned up repainted, removed carbon build, grinded out a key way for the clutch, threaded the shaft to drop in a bolt but now I'm a bit stuck.

I have no clue how to properly set the throttle or if I need all the linages and spring that are on there already any help would be greatly appreciated attend is a picture of what i have.

CarPlayLB

first things first!
I'd get rid of all the linkages first. I know, you will bypass the governor, but that is the end result anyways! Take blower housing off and get rid of all the linkages there. Remove the rod that goes to the choke....ya don't need it! At that point you can see what needs to be done! You can use a link from a #35 chain a bolt ot to the backside of the throttle arm. Run a a nut up on it to tighten it to the throttle arm. The idle screw is a weird size. I usually will retap it for a #8 screw. Run the cable through the open eye of the chain link and put a cable stop behind it. Run a spring on the other side that is strong enough to return the throttle. Done!

MIGZ

first things first!
I'd get rid of all the linkages first. I know, you will bypass the governor, but that is the end result anyways! Take blower housing off and get rid of all the linkages there. Remove the rod that goes to the choke....ya don't need it! At that point you can see what needs to be done! You can use a link from a #35 chain a bolt ot to the backside of the throttle arm. Run a a nut up on it to tighten it to the throttle arm. The idle screw is a weird size. I usually will retap it for a #8 screw. Run the cable through the open eye of the chain link and put a cable stop behind it. Run a spring on the other side that is strong enough to return the throttle. Done!

any pics of that setup ? is the gov the reason that a close to full throttle it like shuts down?

CarPlayLB

any pics of that setup ? is the gov the reason that a close to full throttle it like shuts down?
Yes, the governor is kicking in! Unfortunately I sold the bike and have no pics. There was a thread that showed different set ups...I will look for it

CarPlayLB

go here
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/b...rottle-cable-stock-5hp-briggs-stratton-2.html

the carb is the same as what you have. Look at the first pic of Buckeye's white engine. I think that could work for you. I you think it will, I have all those parts here. That is a very simple yet effective way to get it done correctly! The spring works well and isolates the throttle shaft from stress. There are also other solutions in that thread