Need throttle linkage advice

So from a previous post I have an old Speedway. It has a Tecumseh 3 hp. The twist throttle cable works but even when I got a cable stop screw that seemed like it was missing I still cannot get it to work correctly. I'm pretty sure I'm missing parts but not sure which ones and where to get them. I was hoping to find some advice on here as the other two outlets I tried went nowhere. I've attached some pictures for reference.

Attachments

Take the spring from the throttle shaft top plate going to your cable off. Not needed. That should help as well as the link provided.
Thank you so much for the tip. That wasn't there originally, my 10 year old son was messing with it and I didn't notice when I took the pictures. That spring was going between the arm on the other side of the carb to the lower part of the throttle assembly. Where the shorter stretched out spring is in the picture. I hindsight I can't remember where the stretched out spring was to start with.

Why does the throttle go over to the arm on the motor case and then to the carb?
That arm is supposed to allow the governor arm to control your throttle. The way it works is that you twist the throttle and move a fulcrum on the engine, the other side of which is hooked to a spring that goes to the governor. The spring works against the centrifugal force exerted by the governor to move the throttle plate via that bent wire on the top of the carb. Both the governor spring and that bit of rod are exactly designed to accomplish this. I recommend you replace those and then hook it up as per the last post in the link Triley gives you above.

Hey Dave,
Thank you. I certainly plan on doing it the correct way I was just curious why it seemed to go the long way around.

I suspect you will need to drill another hole in your throttle plate on top of the carburetor. That bent rod needs to be in a hole behind the pivot for the throttle plate. When you open the throttle, it needs to rotate away from the idle screw. In your picture, it looks like it would close the throttle, or move it toward the idle screw.