Needing a screw/jet for this carburetor

I seem to recall it being some sort of needle valve or jet. One of my guys robbed it for another motor for some reason.

Also, if anybody knows what this carb is and came from let me know. I was told it was from a Honda, but seems different than my other Honda carbs. I believe the carb we robbed it for may have been a Robin clone engine.

Hounddog

Hi Tom, I think I have one of those carbs on one of my Taco 99's. The engine is a nice Wisconsin Robin flathead. Here are some pics, also with the engine tag. The engine and or bike are also for sale....this should help you locate the part...:thumbsup:

i tried to post a link to the manual has all the original part numbers to the engine for the W1-185 motor, including carb, but the forum replaced the text with "hahahahah" etc... i tried to upload the pdf but it was too large, if the link wont work i can email it to you... if you havent already downloaded it...

found on a website called jacks small engines dont know if they carry the parts, but they had the parts manual uploaded into their database to make it easier to order...

found several apparent chinese clones of a carb for a wisconsin robin engine... not sure if the parts are interchangeable (if you want to use the original and not a clone)... sorry was bored and decided to do some searching...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WISCONSIN-R...arden_GardenPowerTools_CA&hash=item1e67f19ac5

but i checked the original part number and it is different... this is the only type offered on fleabay...

the original part number out the winconsin robin w1-185 manual for the carb is EY 2276230200, main jet is EY 2276240008

in the manual it does seem to have some specs on certain screws for instance "SCREW, choke valve mounting . , . . . M2.6 x 0.45 x 4 mm long, pan head", maybe some of those numbers could be of use too?

Last edited:
all other search results so far yield that replacement parts for this motor are under "Robin Subaru"

you can also apparently call subaru and they may have the part etc... they have the owners manual, parts manual and service manual on the website for download too... Subaru Robin - Dealer Manuals would be under ey20 i believe

Last edited:
Thanks a ton for all the legwork. Still not looking good for getting just this one piece because I doubt they will have it in the kit. I think it was my Robin 4.5 I bought new as a display model on closeout and someone must have jacked it there.

This carb was working, but on a custom made intake that was waay too long and had a mean hesitation and then ran great once you got past the little lag it had. And accelerator pump would have made it work, but that's a luxury we don't have in the minibike world too much.

Thanks a ton for all the legwork. Still not looking good for getting just this one piece because I doubt they will have it in the kit. I think it was my Robin 4.5 I bought new as a display model on closeout and someone must have jacked it there.

This carb was working, but on a custom made intake that was waay too long and had a mean hesitation and then ran great once you got past the little lag it had. And accelerator pump would have made it work, but that's a luxury we don't have in the minibike world too much.
no prob, if you take a look at the parts manual and let me know the parts number as it relates to the diagram, then I can help to try and find the specific part...

check here?
Wisconsin Industrial Products, Inc. - Engines
click on the ey20/w1-185

page 24 for carb and related parts

for example if it is part- 14

part- 14 says "needle valve asy"
part number 226-62502-08
there are a couple of diff carbs, but for engine 800382, that would be the correct part number

i called them and a very nice lady verified all of the info and that engine, they happen to have 1 in stock $26.01,
Phone: (262) 723-1330 | Toll Free: (800) 285-5462

Last edited: