New 1974 Yamaha DT 175 Enduro

Well my dream came true and I bought an enduro finally! Only 8,000+ miles on it! 1974 Yamaha DT 175 Enduro with a 5-speed manual and clean title! Can't wait to ride it in the street!

WP_20150813_10_44_47_Pro.jpg WP_20150813_10_45_02_Pro.jpg WP_20150813_10_46_02_Pro.jpg

Had one exactly like it years ago, wonderfull trail and city commuter bike!......:thumbsup:........Looks like yours is in excellent condition!.................Tom.

1stBxMopar

Looks Sweet...good luck with your bike! I had the DT125 version back in the 70's and it was a great bike.
I also like the little mopar wagon in the background of picture #2...With a hot small block it would make a nice street draggin wagon...:thumbsup:

Wow ! ...... now that's a dirt bike !!

What a beautiful example.

I love old school 'pre-monoshock' enduro type bikes !!

I have a 1970 DT1C 250 in the garage that I bought off my elderly neighbor friend Mr Rigg's about 12 years ago ....he bought it new, and used it for deer hunting (definately used it !). He was a big and tall guy, the seats all mashed up, and it's got an aftermarket rear sprocket on there big enough to make it climb a wall ! To haul him and the deer out of the woods. Mr. Rigg's had a boonie bike when I was a kid that I recalled (only adult I knew in the '70's with a mini bike, and that made him cool in my mind..!) and it's the boonie that I approached him about buying....he say's oh that bike, I gave it to a young fella' at the church. .....But I still have my old Yamaha...I'm like what Yamaha...he says come see.....Yamaha 1970 DT1C...I 'bout freaked out. I'll alway's keep Mr. Rigg's bike :smile: hope to get it running again soon too (stator issue).

I had it running for a bit, the power band in those machines is just unreal...I imagine your 175 will get on it pretty good.

Enjoy yours Acolytus. And continue taking good care of it, as is obvious the previous owner did :thumbsup:

I also like the little mopar wagon in the background of picture #2...With a hot small block it would make a nice street draggin wagon...:thumbsup:
We got plenty of old Mopars! I live in a Mopar family! Suprised I ran into another Mopar fan!

Last edited:
Thank you Robert! Yes I will take care of this beautiful bike! I have been practicing around my house with it and getting used to the gearing and such. 171cc 2-stroke has a great power band!

We got plenty of old Mopars! I live in a Mopar family! Suprised I ran into another Mopar fan!
There are a few of us here. 67 Dodge Coronet RT in my garage. Good score on that bike. Brings back memories seeing it. The neighbor had an earlier one in about 69- metallic green. Always wanted one of those myself.

Come to think of it, the same neighbor sold that bike a year later and came home with a brand new Plymouth Road Runner.

Coronets are nice we actually have about half Plymouths and half Dodges in our collection. All are nice.
I've had it for a few years, all the docs are there, original, second repaint. .010 over on the original motor, factory ac, power windows. Probably going to sell it this year and move on to an E body.

If you feel up to it, a few of us would probably enjoy seeing your collection. There is another guy on here who has some very valuable, pristine B and E bodies in a collection.

I've had it for a few years, all the docs are there, original, second repaint. .010 over on the original motor, factory ac, power windows. Probably going to sell it this year and move on to an E body.

If you feel up to it, a few of us would probably enjoy seeing your collection. There is another guy on here who has some very valuable, pristine B and E bodies in a collection.
Where shall I post my collection, off topic posts??? 8 classics, 3 of them being Challengers.