New 69 Rupp goat

Hello, Doing one of those myself. I could be mistaken but the front end and handlebars look like 1970 Rupp. What is the diameter of the front wheel bolt? 1970 used 1/2 inch. 1969 used 5/8 inch. Nice score though for 80 bucks.
Regards
Joe51

Hello, Doing one of those myself. I could be mistaken but the front end and handlebars look like 1970 Rupp. What is the diameter of the front wheel bolt? 1970 used 1/2 inch. 1969 used 5/8 inch. Nice score though for 80 bucks.
Regards
Joe51
Thanks ruining my day. As soon as I read this is went out to check. You were right. But now I have a 69 triple tree and lowers on the way. I need bars now.
Going to part the dam thing out if anything else goes wrong. Sigh

Any idea what that seat is from? I have one like that, I'd like to know what it originally came on.
It doesn't look like a Rupp seat.

Danford1

Did not mean to ruin your day. I actually started on my Goat resto the same way. Came with a 70 front end also. What I found out is that the 70 Triple tree where the lowers slide in, the tubes are longer. Also the lowers are longer on the portion that slides into the tree tubes. Plus the hole dia. as mentioned. Still trying to find the correct bars. As like you I have the correct tree/tubes and springs at this point. You may want to also check the rear shocks. They may be 70 on up. To accept that 70 rear rim. No doubt you should be able to sell off the 70 stuff to get the correct 69 stuff.
Regards,
Joe51

Did not mean to ruin your day. I actually started on my Goat resto the same way. Came with a 70 front end also. What I found out is that the 70 Triple tree where the lowers slide in, the tubes are longer. Also the lowers are longer on the portion that slides into the tree tubes. Plus the hole dia. as mentioned. Still trying to find the correct bars. As like you I have the correct tree/tubes and springs at this point. You may want to also check the rear shocks. They may be 70 on up. To accept that 70 rear rim. No doubt you should be able to sell off the 70 stuff to get the correct 69 stuff.
Regards,
Joe51
I already bought a 69 triple tree and lowers. Need bars now. What a headache this is starting to become.

I hear ya. If you happen to come across an extra set of 69 bars please let me know. I have a set of 68's minus the u-bolts. 69's used a 3/8-16 nut. 68's I'm pretty sure used a 5/16 size nut. I have actually made up repo 69 u-bolts for the 68 bars if I can't find a nice 69 set.

I hear ya. If you happen to come across an extra set of 69 bars please let me know. I have a set of 68's minus the u-bolts. 69's used a 3/8-16 nut. 68's I'm pretty sure used a 5/16 size nut. I have actually made up repo 69 u-bolts for the 68 bars if I can't find a nice 69 set.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks