New bike, another Warrior

noseoil

Found a "new" to me bike yesterday, an old Warrior Heat & lots of aches & pains (metal fenders). It just needs a little bit of work & maybe a tire or two, but should be a good rider once it's finished. Will post along the way as I make some progress. Plan on leaving it mostly stock, but will be doing a few things to make it run & look better. Never ceases to amaze me what people can do to these things...

From the ad
Corbin.jpg

Cleaning it up a bit today, engine running well, oil change & back in good shape mechanically
Frame.jpg

delray

nice .....:thumbsup:
i just seen one on my local craigslist cheap. i was attempted to buy it. had alot of fun building my first baja bike with rear suspension. rides like a caddy now..........:scooter:

Looks like a nice find. I like the metal fenders on mine. Nothing like cleaning the yard up and then being able to take a nice ride in the woods. I would have bought one years ago if I new what a nice rider these Warriors are.

noseoil

Working on the fenders now. I've trimmed them down a little to make it look like it wasn't a resurrection from a "Roman Chariot" so now the ducktails are gone & they look more modern. Plugging away & starting some paint for odds & ends.

Here's the color, better red than the picture shows, but the fender is trimmed & looking better now.
Red-ff.jpg

Last edited:

noseoil

Did the seat today with some fabric-store black vinyl upholstery material. Don't have a sewing machine, but some spray contact cement, a
heat gun & stapler seems to have worked well enough for what I'm doing. The old one was torn & scuffed up pretty badly, so it looks & feels 100% better than it did. Have 2 small tucks on the back edge, but the heat gun helps to set the glue, soften & stretch the material on the curves.

Basically,
1 - cut cloth oversize, glue, staple & wrap the front edge first to align the material correctly
2 - then do the top (main) seat part
3 - next do the back edge, fold & staple
4 - finally do the sides (one at a time) with the heat gun & contact cement
5 - then trim & staple the heck out of it & let it sit so the glue has a chance to bond.

Seat.jpg

It looks good. I like how you installed the tav. That heat shield is nice to keep on the bike. I sure it will make a nice ride for someone. I would ride it.

Awsum..yeah with more rpms the tc would push 50mph..saw your listing should easily get that with all the upgrades ..:thumbsup:

Last edited:

noseoil

Sold it today, $400, to a nice guy. Hope he's careful & doesn't get in trouble. Have a couple more I can build, really liking the old Warriors for building.

Sold it today, $400, to a nice guy. Hope he's careful & doesn't get in trouble. Have a couple more I can build, really liking the old Warriors for building.
Yea I like the lines on the old warriors. Just old classic motorcycle style frame. Lot of fun to ride too. You did a great job on that old warrior.

MJL

He got a good deal! I've been looking for one and have been trolling craigslist but just haven't come across the right one yet.