new bonanza project.

joshua. c.

I just got the set crew issue sorted and tried to go for a ride and now the bike wont rev properly and the carb started flooding again I'm siriosly getting sick of this carb. I've never had so much troble with a simple float ajustment with any other carb!

joshua. c.

I haven't had time to sort out the carb issue so the bike wont make it to the mini bike throwdoun this weekend but I did just sort out some issues on 2 other bikes so I'll still have some nice bikes to ride this weekend. Im thinking of looking into some local atv repair shops for some help with this carb they must deal with similar carbs allot on dirtbikes and ATVs. I have a specific shop in mind that has been helpfull in the past on other projects, they might even be able to get this thing jetted right.

what's the tank off and what's the dimension's need one about that size for my bonanza like the build my next project is going to be a dirt track rupp seen a pic of a roadster never like that style rupp till I seen this one and now I want one think I already have a frame sitting at a buddy's he's been trying to sell me for 20 bucks so that's my next build. but just read your progress looks great man wish there was mini bike races around me. might try to start something up my self. I know there's a lot of ppl that would love a local event.

joshua. c.

The tank is off an old and odd looking motor that I think is some varient of an early tecumseh 4hp. I picked it up cheep and was told it ran. I grabbed the tank for this project since the tank dosen't work with the frame I'm putting the motor in.

The tank is 8 1/2 inches long and 4 inches tall.

I used my old racing bike for the event and lost but had alot of fun.

joshua. c.

This project is mostly complete with a few little things left to do, due to this I have time to start on a new project so im restarting an old one that got sidelined when I found out the motor I had was toast. My next project will be my Speedway Scorpion with an h70 as the motor. I started this years ago but never finished, so far the repair work to the frame is complete and I recently bought what I beleve to be a good motor. I'm going to start a new thread for this bike soon.

joshua. c.

one posible final update before spring. I had the main jet way to rich and the bike woulden't rev up so I bought 3 leaner sizes to try. Im loosing the good tuning weather (to cold) so I may have to wait untill spring to try the new jets. If I get another halfway decent day that I have off I'll do some tuning but if not see you guys in the spring.

joshua. c.

Its getting wormer again so im looking back into my projects. I just permenently mounted the clutch guard and im going to look at some rust issues inside the tank. I had to use a temporary hs50 plastic tank last year to get the bike running. I'll be cleaning the rust out of the tank and re installing it soon and replacing the fule petcock. This bike still had some carb float issues to straiten out and I'll be looking into turning the carb back like the world formula setup to get it more out of the way of my leg. If this carb won't stop giving me issues I may just source a world formula carb and intake to replace it.