New find

Thanks for the info Charles!!! I'll swap the forks around tomorrow and take it for a ride. Whoever assembled this bike did a really shitty job, quite a few bolts were not even tightened down.
Hate to say it but I'd guess it was one of the bikes assembled in Ruston, LA. I did a lot of searching/reading on the MM-B212 over the course of a couple years and it seemed that the Ruston bikes had more QC problems than the ones assembled in China.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?search/588051/&q=mega+moto&c[title_only]=1&o=date

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?search/588052/&q=monster+moto&c[title_only]=1&o=date

https://www.myarklamiss.com/news/local-news/motor-company-leaves-ruston-in-the-dust/

Owend: glad you posted that pic, i just picked up one myself. Bought it off Big Iron. Threw a bid out walked off, cpl days later got an email, I won it. Turns out it's brannie new bike even, still has the little nubbies on the tires! Couldn't believe it. For what it is and what i gave for it, I think I stole it. turns out it was, so everything made sense. Sheriff's Dept recovered it then sold it on Big Iron set outside in the weather for a yr or more so yeah lots of clean up yet to be done...
Aired tires up ck'd the oil n fuel. Yanked it a cpl times, fired up, away i went! Brought it back to the shop, changed the oil tightened up a few bolts, added a cpl missing ones... then the daughter showed up. You know the "rest of the story"
It'll do your daughter well Sir. Mines 29 and loves riding it! (Me too)

Thanks again Charles for the help!! I corrected the fork issue, and re-routed the brake lines and wiring. The brake fluid top was a mo-fo to remove, also the brake fluid was some other fluid than DOT 3? I have to wait until Monday to run it and change the oil and spark plug. The belts and clutches still look like new.

Decided to clean the stock carb today and it wasn't as too bad. The bike is hard to start at first, two or three pulls. It seems to have decent power but nothing great. Any ideas of a better carb to swap out instead of the stock one. I am trying to keep as stock as possible but a little performance gain is good also.

Thank Mariah! I want to do a couple of up grades to get some more power. I guess a better carb, jetting and maybe a 4 degree advance key?

The brake fluid top was a mo-fo to remove, also the brake fluid was some other fluid than DOT 3?
I haven't seen one of these in person, but it's possible it has JIS screws on the master cylinder and not phillips. I've had some aftermarket hydraulic setups and they used JIS screws instead. They'll strip very easily with a standard phillips screw driver. JIS screws have a small dimple on them. I've got a set of 3 or 4 JIS screw drivers that I got off Amazon for cheap that work great. -- Edit: JIS stands for Japanese Industrial Standard. The JIS #1 screws don't necessarily have a dot on them. Those are the ones used on stuff like the master cylinder covers.

All of these brake setups I've seen run either DOT 3 or DOT 4. They're interchangeable.

Attachments

Last edited:
I haven't seen one of these in person, but it's possible it has JIS screws on the master cylinder and not phillips. I've had some aftermarket hydraulic setups and they used JIS screws instead. They'll strip very easily with a standard phillips screw driver. JIS screws have a small dimple on them. I've got a set of 3 or 4 JIS screw drivers that I got off Amazon for cheap that work great.

All of these brake setups I've seen run either DOT 3 or DOT 4. They're interchangeable.
Strigoi is correct on the JIS screws. They are also very popular on the Japanese-made motorcycles. My son and I bought a 1969 Honda CT "Trail" 90 years ago (which we still have and ride) and one of the first things we did was get a set of JIS screwdrivers.
Michael

Last edited:
Strigoi is correct on the JIS screws. They are also very popular on the Japanese-made motorcycles. My son and I bought a 1969 Honda CT "Trail" 90 years ago and one of the first things we did was get a set of JIS screwdrivers.
Michael
They're 100% worth the money. It's crazy how easily those screws come out when using the correct driver for them.

Bike runs good after it warms up for several minutes. It has a slight bog, even when it it warmed up. I was wondering if I can swap out the the headlight with a LED and add a rear LED taillight for safety.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

These frames are fantastic. I honestly have given up on riding my vintage bikes and hit the colemans and megamotos. I dont care what happens to them and they are tough.