New flat track bike

Well like it says iam building a new flat tracker , I’ve retired the super Powell which was the ultimate track bike .
Iam using some parts off the other , wheels , swing arm, jackshaft assembly. And other things . This is a tube frame bike with dual rear shocks and inverted front forks .

Why dont you run flat track tires?
Well you can’t get actual flat track tires in 10” . These Shinko 421 do really well on a track . I still have the 12” wheels off the super Powell and they are a enduro type shinko 241 tire that is better the the 421 .

the rear suspension looks almost luxurious. going back to the stone age (the '70's) i remember the
TT bikes being hard tails with bicycle seats that had a coil spring for each ass cheek portion of the
seat. most were triumphs or bultaco's with fat road or enduro front tires and no front brakes. the
rear shocks were replaced with steels rods.

the gas tank and seat you fab'ed are reminiscent of the cafe bikes of the same era. very cool!

Actually his wife did most of the frame fabrication. It was the only way to get him to finish the ceiling trim in the house.

Well iam on the final assembly on the flat track bike . Had her running for some testing last weekend and the bike feels perfect. Hadley’s like a true racing bike and it also hauls ass . With a 9-1 final gear you can bounce the front end off the ground at will and she will pull the front end even after you get going . I still have to get Karen to make me a seat and I have a set of Warrior handle bars coming from a friend.