New guy from CT

Hey fellas, I just picked up a Baja MB160 mini bike from a co-worker that needed some work. I live on a 60acre lot and thought a mini bike would be a great toy to ride around on and scout out the trails for my Jeep.

Slick Rick referred me to this site and helped me out over the weekend getting this thing all ready to go. We stripped it down. Did some sanding, welding and painted it. Just ordered a few parts today like a new clutch, brake shoes and looking into a chain tensioner.

I never owned a mini bike before but I used to mess around with small motors all the time. Glad I found a site like this to point me in the right direction:thumbsup:

Thanks for you warm welcome guys!

So here's what I picked up on Thursday

Stripped and painted

Found a crack in the block

And here's where it's at now

Just got done welding a chain guard tonight, just have to figure out how to mount it

The brakes and clutch should be here by Saturday and I just picked up a half link for the chain for the time being. So hopefully I can cruise on Sunday!

And a just because picture :wink:

Thanks for you warm welcome guys!

Just got done welding a chain guard tonight, just have to figure out how to mount it

The brakes and clutch should be here by Saturday and I just picked up a half link for the chain for the time being. So hopefully I can cruise on Sunday!
Dude!!! The chain guard looks mint.:thumbsup: My bad about today bro, I was feeling like crap. Hit me up when your at the garage.
Here's just a section of ONE of the fields at Pallen's place...:smile:

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
looks like there is plenty of room to ride. looks like you know your way around metal fab. you should do great. you will probably have 3 or 4 bikes within a year. get a bit of room in your garage.:thumbsup:

Thanks again guys!

Yeah the land is awesome, Rick and I were cruising through the fields last Monday which sparked my interest in getting this mini. I know there wouldnt be a problem with a few people riding minis around but Ill check with the neighbors and see about maybe having an event or something here.

Im no pro when it comes to metal fab or welding but with enough time and swearing(I mean patience)I can get stuff done lol as you can see, this isnt my first hobby. The biggest money pit would be the Jeep and then the Nova. My hopes is that the mini will be a fun, cheaper hobby than both

Vrez

Welcome from a newbie to the forum. 60 acres looks like sweet terrain to motor on! Good luck on the baja. It looks like it is coming along great!
Vrez