new guy from Michigan

Hello all. my names Patrick. im 20 and from mid Michigan. glad to be here. not new to bikes or engines in general. got lots of stuff with engines and ever since I was little was interested in such stuff. got snowmobile and tractors as well as bikes. found myself here after looking for info on the Harbor freight 6.5 Honda clone. needless to say I got me one. in the pics its on a board where I run it to break it in. and a recent rescue from a junkyard which is a Jiang Dong 5.5 clone. yes it runs. youll find their pics below as well as my mini bike which has a little 2.5hp clone on it. ignore its exhaust mod, ive got another exhaust in the works as I type. also I don't know how long the little 2.5 will be staying on there now that I got that predator!:biggrin: also not pictured is a 1970 or 71 Right way Pak Jak (Jak Pak?) that I will get pics of soon. I think im gonna enjoy being here as ive always enjoyed small engines. always liked the Chinese stuff that everybody always seems to think is junk, the underdogs. I even drive a Chinese GY6 engine powered scooter. I think this is gonna be a fun forum.

The Jiang Dong junkyard rescue I got for $10 runs, needs new carb

My scooter: its an older pic from the summer. ive done a few things to it since then

Ill get pics of the Pak Jak soon and post them here.

Welcome Cloneguy!..............Quite a few Mi members around, this a great place for everything minibike and more!............:thumbsup:................Tom.

ive got some pics of the new exhaust on my camera and will post them tomorrow. im posting from my phone lol. ill hopefully get pics of the pak jak this weekend. its buried behind stuff right now

thanks guys. these little motovox's come from the factory with the idle set too low. the decomp comes on at idle and they put out black smoke so you have to raise the idle a little by turning the idle adj out with needlenoses because they didn't put a screw slot in it. does anybody know what that motors a clone of? rear intake and side exhaust. overhead valve of course. I know its made by lifan. 80cc. haven't found a Honda that looks like it yet. could it actually be an original Chinese design?

Last edited:
I decided to hack a little off the motovox's exhaust mod to make it look better. heres some pics. I also got pics of the PakJak. ill post them in general mini bike talk.

I guess I forgot to add that another weird hobby of mine is lantern collecting. anyone else collect em? you can see 1 or 2 in the background of some of those pics above