New Guy, From Texas

I found this forum looking to learn about vintage Mini Bikes, and then getting one. I am restoring a 1960 Dragmaster Dragster, and want a period correct Mini Bike, to complete the restoration for a pit bike. I know very little if anything about old mini bikes, so it's going to be a complete learning process. So stay with me if I ask what seems to be dumb questions. I had what I think might have been the perfect mini bike, I bought at the Davenport Antique Bike Swap Meet to navigate the fair grounds, and then sold it once I got back to Amarillo, some years ago. I'm looking forward to the information, and getting the correct Mini Bike. Thanks to all. Charles.

The perfect complimentary bike would be a Mickey (Thompson) Bike...but they're tough to come by and $$$.

You picked a quiet night to join..the welcome wagon will be back after they sober up.

chrisr

Looks like Amarillo has gotten their fair share of snow lately. Spent a few years in Lubbock and nice thing about west Texas the snow does not last long. Welcome to the club.

Hay KustomKartKid, your dead on about the Mickey Thompson Mini Bike. Mickey Thompson used the Dragmaster chassis for a lot of his dragsters in the early years, so that mini bike would be the perfect fit. Now I'm on the journey to find one, hopefully here.
And "chrisr" your correct about the weather in west Texas, it's supposed to be nice next week. Thanks guys.