New guy in Florida!!!

Hello to all! I bring you greetings from the Sunshine State! I'm Kenny, an old crotch rocket dude and new to the mini bike world. I am ready to purchase my very first one and I don't know exactly where to start. I think that I would like to buy a new mini bike first and then try to build another. Can anybody give me some advice on where to start? Thanks in advance...

KB2ROCKET

Most people here find a basket case and bring it back to life I am not one of the people that insist that everything is factory original and that makes it easier to buy parts and customize it to your liking . As far as new stuff goes I'm really can't recommend any of it due to my lack of experience with them. The important thing is that you enjoy the path you take " it's just a minibike"

Greetings and welcome..mostly it's about where you will ride,if you want full suspension and how much you want to spend.New popular large size bikes are Coleman ct200u,Coleman ct200ex,Trailmaster mb200-2 and future offering from Monster Moto mmb212..I would start there

I am leaning more towards the Taco-sized bikes. I have tried contacting Taco and can never seem to get anybody on the line, even after leaving messages. May not need to try them again, huh. Thanks for all the info that I can get. I will continue to look around.

markus

I am copy/pasting some info from one of my old responses to someone, they have photobucket pics so they may or may not show anymore But sniff around town and ask some of the long time locals about KC manufacturing. A few years ago there was still a warehouse full of NOS parts including a run of the last generation Dura bikes (black bike pictured on the bottom of quote below) Its an odd design....its cooler in person I swear :laugh: Not sure whatever happened but I can say that I have not seen any of that stuff surface for sale since the rumor was out that they wanted to sell. I can tell you there are 2 pallets of tires I would pay good money to get sitting in that warehouse....among many other obsolete parts!!!! They built karts, mini bikes, I believe thy were involved with some NASA projects as well. Worth some snooping, if anything you find out about an interesting company that was in your town :thumbsup:

K C Manufacturing was in Quincy FL which up around Tally. I don't know if they made a simple bare bones bike though.

bottom left is the simplest one I have ever seen from them

They made the Dura bikes this was the first version and was advertised in MINI bike guide in the early 70's, they made and sold bikes and karts into the 80's maybe even longer.

I had the next up version Dura-trail (which has been the most commonly seen model) that I picked out of Miami, its a medium-large size bike

I actually have a Dura-bike made in Florida from K. C. MFG. Coincidentally, I made a post today on this website trying to get more information about it. If you come across any more info I would love to know. Thank you

45t

Welcome! It’s good to see another FL mini bike enthusiast here.

an option is to look at Craigslist in your area to see what’s out there. Sometimes you can stumble across a cool bike. I just looked in the Tallahassee C’list and there’s a few bikes, I like the Murray Track2 that’s listed, also, if you don’t mind the drive, there are two Rupps for sale in Jacksonville. There’s some cool bikes still out there to be had. The fun is in the search and build. :scooter: