New guy with a already broken new ct200

Bought a new CT200U-EX from TS. Got it home oiled and fueled it up. Started on the 2nd pull. Rode it all day on Friday and Saturday. It runs great! I bought this for me to ride and play with along side my son and his Chinese atv, this has to do with how I killed the Coleman.

Yesterday, Saturday, we were on the back of the neighborhood at the bottom of a long steep hill when the atv ran out of gas. It’s pretty much a 1/4 mile up hill the entire way. My son wasn’t able to push the atv up the hill, and we were out of gas at home so I couldn’t just ride home and get the gas jug to bring to him. So I knew it would be hard on the centrifugal clutch, and already had plans on the gopowersports torque converter kit so I said screw and put my foot on the rack of the atv and pushed it up the hill with the mini bike. At the top of the hill I noticed that it was laboring to idle, let off the brake and it’s pulling away with no throttle input. Cooked the clutch I’m assuming. A friend of mine was outside when we got to the top of the hill, so I got gas for the atv from him and sent my kid home. I rode around a little bit at a high enough speed for the clutch to not be slipping but little load to try and let it cool off. No dice.

Took the clutch off to try and sand the glazing off to buy a little time, and it’s better, but still pulls at idle. There was a lot of clutch dust under the plastic cover. Ordered the torque converter kit, stage 1 kit, silencer, and the spring.

Based off what was described I am right in thinking I fried the clutch, right?
Great description. Happens to almost every. Great motivation to do exactly what I did. Stage 1 with TAV kit.

May be too late now, but did you try oiling the bronze bushing in the clutch? They don't spin freely without oil, and hard usage generally burns up the oil. Sometimes a drop or two will make it idle without pulling.
It’s way too late now. Lol but yes, I did oil the bronze bushing and it did help some, but the clutch was just too far gone.

The stock spring in those clutches cant take the heat because they are not made to. just replace the stock spring in the clutch with the green spring and its problem solved plus the green spring has a higher stahl which is good.