New guy with a Montgomery

i'm 17, and was willed an old Montgomery ward mini a few years ago. I have essentially no knowledge on this kinda stuff but Im eager to learn and that's what led me to this forum. a few things on the bike it has no suspension on the front or back, maybe someone on here could give me a little more info???
Thanks guys
-T

Well, Trailhorse is what is looks like.

Obviously the Wards decal tells it was sold there.
Who made them?
Look at the axle mounts. Completely different. Foot pegs.... Not even close....fenders on the Trailhorse have the 2 holes on each side which is nothing like the bar going across. No jackshaft mounts. Other than the switchplate. I dont see the Trailhorse in there....

Last edited:
are these hard to find parts for, or hot rod?? sorry for the noob questions, i guess letting you guys know what the plan is could be helpful.... i would like to turn this into a mini chopper but if its a rare bike id like to clean it up and put some guts in it

Hello T-Hump,

Welcome to the forum !

That is interesting that you were willed your mini bike.

It has been my experience that we can become very attached to things from our past, especially as we age.

Someone preserved your bike up until now, and is leaving it in your care. They obviously thought highly of it, and of you.

Whatever you do in the mini bike world, and how ever many you accumulate, if you can, hold on to this bike. When you are older, you will understand even more how much they wanted you to have it, and how much you meant to them.

Such a cool story.

Keep us posted, and have fun !