new guy with questions

hello! i'm new here , but not to mini bikes...although it's been many years since i messed with them. i had a Hiawatha Doodlebug as a kid in the 60's , and made a few in the 70's. the Doodlebug ended up with a 9 hp West Bend , but long gone. even messed with a few go-karts

anyway...i guy i know bought an old mini bike at a garage sale , riding it one night fueled my passion to get another. Googling around i find many kits...Azusa 3540 one of them. i'm familiar with Azusa because i bought some kart parts from them may years ago. then i find the El Bandito Mini Bike by 909 mini bikes that kinda turned me on. i already have the HF Predator 212. so my question is are any of you guys familiar with this product and the company? i'd hate to send money to someone who is not trustworthy. what do you guys know about it? looking for any input

here is a link to it...if that is allowed. if not , please delete it

Minibike kits and parts, complete mini bike kits,

Looks cool :thumbsup:, but you can't beat the vintage minis. Try a search on Craigslist and be patient. I think you'll be happier with a OldMiniBikes.

And welcome

thanks for the input. i'm not opposed to restoring an old one , in fact i have been watching Craigslist for one. right now i'm kinda busy with some other projects and i thought it would be a fast way to get a running mini bike. i can always find another mini bike project or two to do later. i have a habit of going overboard when i get into something and end up with more than i had originally planned....i'm sure you know what i'm talking about

what i'm concerned with are they a good company to do business with?

I don't know anything about the El Bandito. But from the looks of it I think where the fork neck is welded to the frame looks like a weak spot. Looks like the surface area of where it is welded is about and inch... I am pretty sure I could snap that neck off in about 5 minutes if I really tried... But I could be wrong...:scared: