New head.

JT head.png

JT head 2.png

JT head 3.png

JT head 4.png

So got my new parts from ACR. The crank is a crank, not worth posting a picture of. Its a nice piece but looks like every thing else. Its 55mm with a clone rod journal and taper. The block I will post a picture of later. The head though I am very happy with. It was $14 and is a JT style head. It uses hemi valves 27/25. The casting looks ok. As you can see in the combustion chamber there is a small flaw, sharp edge from were they machined it on the edge of the chamber that I will knock down so I don't have a hot spot in the chamber. It looks like there might be a 3 angle valve job on the seat from the factory on this head. I know a lot of people have there heads opened up to 27/25 and this is way cheaper than machining your stock head. I think this is going to be a popular budget upgrade for the 196 crowd. My GX 160 head I am having the valve seats machined but this head I am happy with just lapping the valves in and running it. Going to lap in with 600 grit and see if every thing seals up easy for me. Feeling pretty good about this so far.

Heck of a head for $14.00! Can't tell for sure looking at the photos, but it looks like it maybe a little rough at the end of the spark plug threads. Might run a tap down through to make sure you don't get any flakes dropping down in the chamber when you screw the plug in.

Ya I will knock the sharp edges of the spark plug hole and run a tap through it. Any new head will need a little work. Going to install plug on head before its installed on motor to check how deep it is. Might need spark plug washers.

O I'm not worried about the plug hitting any thing. That dose look like what I meant by that comment though. I don't like my plugs to stick too far in the chamber past there own threads. I am probably going to run a normal style of plug instead of the performance plug every one runs so will index plug as well. The heads not milled so should have plenty of room. These dam heads have the holes drilled funny so the plug sticks out the hole crooked. Some threads of the plug will show. If not I will expose the threads of the head which would be worse. Now this has me thinking of trying to reshape that area of the chamber on an extra head and seeing if I can do it with out harming any thing