new member check in

hello folks, joe here from augusta, ga. just checking in to say hello and show my new project. acquired this from my neighbor earlier today. i had one that was similar as a kid. no stickers are on this little hot rod, does anyone know what brand it is? i searched through the galleries to no avail. he is 54 and says his mom bought it for him when he was 10 or so. i'm planning a full resto for it.

thanks for your help!!

Welcome to Oldminibikes !!!

I don't know what kind of minibike that is, but wait a few days and someone will respond.

I read a book on Enzo Ferrari about three years ago.

What an amazing guy !!!!!
His hole life was devoted to Automotive Performance & Racing.:thumbsup:

i think it,s a cyclops ,that chain gaurd is the same as a cyclops on minidoodle.com look in minibike pictures,there is one only , the guy made a custom out of it, i think it,s your frame,. i think your mini is pretty rare , regaurdless its a nice find and only a few pieces missing .:thumbsup:

Enzo, That's a nice find! It does look to be very old, as the rounded fenders, and detailed chain guard were on the earlier models, plus the stationery foot-pegs, Deffinately worth a restore, as most of your parts are there, there's this guy on here named 8-ball, watch out for him , he'll try to sell ya a new seat, he does real good work! Give that puppy a good wipe down with some mineral oil, or paint thinner, a fresh coat of paint, clean the carb, and I'll bet that old Briggs will fire right up! Hope ya decide to fix it up and keep it, if not let me know, if the price is right.
dave

Looks like a cyclops, I have that same front fender on an old Glenco bike.

I found one that looks "like" yours for sale locally. Welcome to the addiction. :thumbsup:

thanks for the replies!! i know about the addiction factor... i just got over a severe vintage bmx addiction that lasted about 8 years... man,,.. those were the days.

yes, i'm quite sure it is a cyclops now. thanks for the tips!! i searched and came up with the exact bike that sold on ebay not too long ago. it still had the og decals on it. mine has decals, now that i look closer, but they are painted over rattle can green.

now, the funny part is, i received a clark cyclops go-kart from santa back in 1978 and restored it a few years ago. i still have it and drove it some this past christmas morning to celebrate its 30 year anniversary... hard to believe this bike is a clark mfg product as well. i guess it's a georgia thing as it appears they were located in conyers ga.

here i am christmas morning '78.. man, that was a great day.. i now have the kart hoisted onto the ceiling of the garage. let me move some stuff and i'll snap a pic of "now". the only thing i regret that i did when i restored it was i painted it orange instead of red.. oh well.

ok, here it is now. i took a pic of the seat back as well. kinda cool in that it shows the cyclops logo. she's a little dusty.

off topic, i know but relative. kinda lol

Last edited:
Enzo, excellent pics. Cool pic of Christmas '78. I was probably riding my new Schwinn Scrambler that day. I like the bike you just found. I had a BMX addiction too just before getting into minibikes. I spent $1600 on restoring a vintage Sting racer with all NOS parts. Had in in the den for 2 yrs and then parted it on eBay. Got my $1600 back. Whew!, my wife would have killed me if I didn't. I sold a set of NOS Redline Flight cranks (no pinchbolt) for $600. Just restored a 79 Scrambler for my son and he rides it all the time. His new bike hasn't got used in a year. You should see the faces on his friends father's when they see it. Anyway nice bike and get some red paint back on that kart. Tim

yeah tim, it's not too hard to get carried away with collecting stuff. lol

my wife was thrilled when i decided to get rid of most all of my stuff. man, the time i spent searching the internet for parts.

nice find that mini is going to be sweet , from the pics of your restored gokart the mini will be a nice ride . good luck and welcome :thumbsup: