New member new purchase (Pic)

Bought this recently, its a 1975 Kawasaki KV75 one owner adult owned campground bike complete minus a rubber foot peg cover and a broken throttle cable, should run with easy , so far I cleaned tank,cleaned carb got spark next fix the throttle cable and I think it should run........

Curious are old Japanese mini bikes deemed as cool as old USA mini bikes?

00W0W_2LnugQU4vpq_600x450.jpg

I have an American bike too not sure what manufacture its a plain jane I put a B&S engine from lawn equipment my kids used to ride it around the property, was a fun bike.

Thanks I like it too, not sure why I bought it probably a brain glitch thing but in the 70's I dreamed endlessly about all of the Japanese brand minis I never got one but did score a beat up WT Grant mini from there is was all about motorcycles

Also remember Kawasaki dealer radio commercial "bring in anything with wheels and will take 75 dollars of the price " I think they were 375 dollars then that was big dollars back then in my house....

I think they are very cool , my brother and I both have little kawisaki's

Check your throttle cable as it splits into a dual pull for the carb and oil injection pump

Gatecrasher

Bought this recently, its a 1975 Kawasaki KV75 one owner adult owned campground bike complete minus a rubber foot peg cover and a broken throttle cable, should run with easy , so far I cleaned tank,cleaned carb got spark next fix the throttle cable and I think it should run........

Curious are old Japanese mini bikes deemed as cool as old USA mini bikes?
I like all minibikes but has a special fondness for the Kawasaki MT1/KV75s.

By the way. Your bike is a 1976 not a 1975.

Here's one of my 1976 KV75s (I have two of them):

1976 KV75 (Show Bike).JPG

Last edited:
Yup saw the splitter, problem is the missing outer sheath from the splitter to the throttle and the little lead numb that locks the cable to the throttle tube is gone, might be repairable with a donor sheath and a blob of molten lead, (Head scratch)

Gatecrasher nice bike very clean top shelf :thumbsup: I think I can get mine to almost that level with a lot of scrubbing and a couple cans of black paint one satin and one flat.....

Gatecrasher

Vintage Kawasaki has reproduction KV75 throttle cables for $45.

I manufacture reproduction steel sprockets for these bikes too.

IMG_3793s.jpg

Last edited:
My Sprockets are good, I'll check with Vintage Kawasaki for the cable, gona try a diy repair first tho... Say were directionals an option? I have a directional switch on the right control........

Gatecrasher

The controls are the same as were used on all Kawasakis from the era. For the KV75 the turn signal simply turns the lights on and off even though it has three positions. The high and low beam on the other side works as it is supposed to. Turn signals were not an option on the 1976 model.

Check you chain tensioners. If the tab is pointing straight back (like it is in my picture) the chain and sprockets are good. If the tab is pointing down the chain is shot and the sprockets most-likely need replaced too. They are high-wear items which is why I decided to make them. They were formerly unavailable.

Last edited:
Gatecrasher send me a link to your ebay sprockets please, mine are ok for now but as I go I will want to improve the bike.

I also need a foot peg rubber and a carb float bowl..