New Member - Performance Upgrade ?

Hello:

I just registered today, July 15, 2014. Looks like a pretty cool group so allow me to ask a question. This weekend I had my grandson over, his birthday was today and he just turn 10. While over we took a ride on my Whizzer, then on the HD Road King and then went and got some ice cream in my 1975 Maverick "Police Interceptor"....he had a true "motorhead" weekend...I'm starting off like this simply to explain how he can't stop talking about the weekend and especially the motor bike and HD ride....so I thought. H_ll when I was his age I had a go-cart and a mini bike...so I started to look, ebay, craigslist , etc. Found allot of "old school", "home built" mini bikes for sale but most needed work and were ? builds...then I ran across a couple of Motovox Mini Bikes...did a little research, reviews seem OK, the price was right..... so I bought two of them. Rode them today, my grandson, granddaughter, son-n-law, daughter, wife and me had a blast...so much for the yard care.....need to buy a couple more. Ok, now the question....you know us motorheads...."Performance"...any neat, in-expensive, quick "tweeks" one can do to these Motovox Mini's that will upgrade the performance....interested in seeing what you guys/girls have to say.....thanks for listening.

Welcome ! First thing is to pull that boat anchor off of that mini and throw it away . If you're not a purist for old school vintage mini bikes then the Motovox or Doodle Bugs are a great way to go . Get a new 212cc Predator from Harbor Freight for $100 bucks and you can really get rolling ! Search the Doodle Bug forum and you'll find all the info you need :thumbsup: