New Member with Questions - Wheels/Tires

Hello everyone, I purchased this little mini bike to take with me to Biker events. I have a Harley and this little guy will come in handy running around the camp site events. I used to race in NHRA so I'm no stranger to wrenching. This is my first mini bike and I have some questions about wheels and tires.

I don't have a picture right now but I need some information so I can order the correct tire from OBM before I chuck this thing into the back of my buddies truck before riding my Harley to Hog Rock next week.

The front wheel is a solid steel wheel that measures approx 6" in Dia. It's just under 6" by 1 or 2 1/8's of an inch so I assume that a 6" rim. It looks to be 3 or 4" wide. There's still a tire on it so I can't get an accurate measurement and it's farily dry rotted. It has a 1/2 axle instead of the standard 5/8. The rear has a 5/8 axle which I found interesting. The frame is small and it has a foot break that stops the wheel the old fashion way with a flat piece of metal against the surface of the tire.

The guy put a brand new 7.5 horse predator engine in it so it's a handful to handle. I cranked in the throttle stop to keep it from pulling wheelies on me. :scared:

Anyway, I'd like to install a new front tire and bearings. The rear measures approx 11" OD so I'd like to match that.

I believe this is the tire for this applicatoin. "410 X 350 X 6 - CST Stud"

I'm confused by the word Stud. Is it really studded or does that describe the tread style. I don't see anything else on the web site that looks like this tire without the word Stud.

I'm also purchasing the bearings and a back up clutch. I got a feeling this monster motor might eat up a clutch pretty quick.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard!

"Stud" is just a style of tire. No metal studs are hanging off it or nothing. As far as deciphering the tire measurements, look at the little drawing below.

Hope this helps!

Oh, everyone here like pics of the bikes, by the way. Lol. Sometimes pics are worth a thousand words. And it's also fun to show off what you have ;-)

Thank you, I went out and took a picture of the wheel. I believe I have the right tire in the crosshairs.

I tried to get a pic of the bike from cragslist where I purchased it from but the guy deleted the listing this morning before I could nab it. I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it tomorrow.

It's a little fireball. It pulled the front wheel up on me at 3/4 throttle. The engine is almost as big as the bike. LOL!

I'd call it a mini boss hog.

markus

Thank you, I went out and took a picture of the wheel. I believe I have the right tire in the crosshairs.

I tried to get a pic of the bike from cragslist where I purchased it from but the guy deleted the listing this morning before I could nab it. I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it tomorrow.

It's a little fireball. It pulled the front wheel up on me at 3/4 throttle. The engine is almost as big as the bike. LOL!

I'd call it a mini boss hog.
The tire on your wheel is reffered to usually as a "sawtooth" tread if you are trying to match that. and yes 4.10 size would be the one you are looking for as a match to that size you have now.

that is also technically a tubeless wheel so if you plan to NOT run a tube make sure you get a "tubeless" tire, there are both usually offered for mini bike sizes.

This old adds shows some other common styles, although the "Knobby" nowadays is usually called a "Trials"

The tire on your wheel is reffered to usually as a "sawtooth" tread if you are trying to match that. and yes 4.10 size would be the one you are looking for as a match to that size you have now.

that is also technically a tubeless wheel so if you plan to NOT run a tube make sure you get a "tubeless" tire, there are both usually offered for mini bike sizes.

This old adds shows some other common styles, although the "Knobby" nowadays is usually called a "Trials"

:thumbsup: Markus. Looks like it could be a Sears bike with the 1/2" axle? What u think?