New Member with questions

My name is Dana I have two minibikes, bc1200 bonanza and a Power Dyne chopper, both auction finds at $20 or under. Purchased them because I could fit on them. I've tried to attach some pics, but I'll have to work on that. The chopper had original wheels and Majestic seat. the seat is in pretty good shape, no cracks, etc. just faded.

I have a question. The bonanza I have refurbished and it currently has a 5 hp Briggs 12/72 ratio sprocket on it and a medium priced clutch. The grandkids ride it and it works okay in the lawn with respect to power I guess, but with me at 200 lbs. it struggles and I have to help it even up the smallest grade. The chopper does't have a motor and I am restoring it, but I see that they came with 3 to 4.5 hp tech on them. So I have purchased an h70 tecumseh thinking that it would help with me on it. I see in a few posts that members often refer to them a big blocks. Anyway, am I thinking the wrong way? Do I need to change the sprocket ratios, am I too big? I see in the forum many of the member telling about rides through all kinds of terrain on their mini bikes.

Thank you.

Attachments

Welcome aboard sears10xl ! :thumbsup: Does your Bonanza have a jack shaft ? Really a 12-72 should pull you just fine.

From your pics it looks like the Bonanza does still has its original jack shaft, so you have to figure that into the equation as well.

Last edited:

trinik7597

Yes like Eric said .... If you are at 6:1 ratio 12/72 it should pull you fine unless that is one tired Briggs or you did not account for the jackshaft gearing