new rear tire for my super bronc vt-8

chatten63 {vt guru} turned me on to a tire site, atvtire.com. found a duro 21x12x8. $ 61.00 shipped to my door. thanks Rick:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh, you a funny guy Gumpit!!!

Actually its a VT1040 ... Super Bronc 2 .... Has a jackshaft and the disc brake.

But on the subject of the tires .....
The ones on my bike were Carlilses 21x12x8 dated 1994.
When inflated to less than 5 pounds the tire had serious clearance issues ... it measured 22-1/2 + inches diamiter.
Long story short ....
Every manufacturer has a section that calls out the mounted size ....
The Goodyear used to be available then it was discontinued ... I found old information that said the diamiter mounted was 20-1/2 inches at 5 pounds ...
Then I found out another manufacturer bought the mold and was repoping them .... I bought 2.
They are the size they were advertised ... the width is the same as the carlisles that came off ... 11-1/2 inches or so ...
I can now use the full range of my tire adjustment wtout hitting anything.
Also the front tire was hitting the fender with the old tires ... this is no longer a problem.

The Goodyear is the only tire I could find that looks like the originals and fits like they should.

When buying ATV tires PAY ATTENTION TO THE MOUNTED SIZE ....not just the size on the sidewall.

delray

hey butch63, got any good pictures of them duro tires on your bike. i like to see how they fit........:thumbsup: