New Skat Kitty Owner

I just bought this one. Missing sprocket cover, original engine, maybe a few other things. I may take some liberty with it since it isn't too original. Maybe metal flake paint with vintage sixties racing stickers, etc...like a pit bike or something.

My main problem is the engine. It came with a Tecumseh. It may be from a pressure washer. The problem is no throttle control. It is either wide open or wide off :biggrin: I'm not even sure this particular engine can be modified for throttle control?

I'm thinking about one of the HF Predators. Is there a list of parts/items I would need to make it work on my Scat Kitty?

Tires. Pretty dry rotted. The parts list shows a 510x350x4. I have found 410x350. Will they work?

Thanks. I'll update as the restoration goes.

buckeye

If you aren't too far, I am hosting a little get together next weekend in Loxley,Al. Almost to the beach.

Hope you find the cover. :thumbsup:

i dont think youll fit a predator on there. go for an old tecumseh. plenty in the classifieds. 4hp and under are skinnier so youll have some foot room

Was it minibike paul?
Yes. I live in a small town, but there is a sign guy and one that does
vehicle wraps. I also have a laser printer. I may have to resort to those
options.

i dont think youll fit a predator on there. go for an old tecumseh. plenty in the classifieds. 4hp and under are skinnier so youll have some foot room
Thanks!

Nice find. Those are some cool little machines!
Thanks! I've been wanting an old mini bike for a couple of years. This
one just popped up and I didn't hesitate. I still like the looks of the Pinto, Taco,etc...keeping my eye open for more.

Thanks, James. They also make a Predator 3hp. I imagine it is the same footprint though. I know of several local small engine shops near here. I may make a round and see if they have anything. I also spotted some bikes a few wks. ago at an antique store. I need to go back and stop in.

Anyone know the red paint code or name for a SK? Tractor Supply now carries a brand called 'Majic'. It is cheap compared to PPG or other brands. I don't know if it is a top brand with a different name just for TSC. They sell the hardner, etc...to go with it. About $30 gallon for their 'Ford Red' which is really cheap compared to PPG