new tire mounting tricks?

So, tonight I was pulling the old tires off my rims in preparation for blast/powdercoating and as I'm prying and tearing with 3 different pry bars for 15 minutes each I got to thinking how in the heck am I going to get the new tires back on? These are one piece sears minibike wheels. Any tricks?
Thanks, Jeremy

Yup...take them down to the local tire shop, and have them do it. IMO it's just not worth the wrestling match, and risk of beating the hell out of the wheels and yourself.

if you're going to the trouble and $$$ you don't want to screw your rims up, I kinda know how to but I'm not to good in explaining how to.:hammer: I'm sure there's some vids on YouTube that can help, also, you need a couple of tire mounting tools ( don't use large screwdrivers or pry bars ). Good luck.

its all about gettin the starting point of the beed as far in the center of the rim b4 you try to get the beed to stretch over the edge of the rim? you probly know this already but i used to love doing tires with a nice old school tire machine but they suck with out 1
:hammer:

Holding the rim completely solid is the first step, much easier not to work on a moving target! Tire tools made specifically for motorcycles are best although good bicycle ones will work, and silicone spray. You must be careful with the tubes or it's all for nothing so keep that in mind. The more you do the easier it gets! I grew up on a peanut and watermelon farm where we fixed all our flats, in the worst possible conditions so it can be done if you set yourself up right. So get yourself set up with the right tools and some way to hold the wheel. I use an old axle and boards in my vise to hold em. Get past this and you will have learned one more thing you never have to rely on or pay someone else to do. Just my view on the deal!:thumbsup:

KB2ROCKET

Here's how I break a bead on either one or two piece wheels
but I usually don't wrestle with one piece wheels I let the tire store do it that way if something is damaged I will have someone besides myself to blame

:laugh: There easy when you have a tire machine. But like others have said take it to some one with a tire machine made to handle little tires.

You can buy a mini tire machine a HF for under 40 bucks. I hate to say it and I DON'T like Chinese tools, but it works just fine. Let the tires sit in the sun for a little while, use Dawn dishsoap for lube like others have said and it's a piece of cake. Just a minute or two a tire, it's amazing when you have the right tools.

your new ones will be much easier to slide on than the old dried out hard ones will be to get off. for sure. with a bit of soap they usually dont even need any tools

If you like doing your own tires you may want to buy a mini tire changer. Check this one out on Ebay item 260712897954. Also Harbor Freight sells this too. I have one and it is of immense help in changing out tires.

The tire changing tool will help the most since holding the tire fimly while working on it is the most difficult thing.The tool will take of that and minimize the risk of a damaged tire, rim or smashed/pinched fingers.

I have the larger HF tire changer and we used it to swap tires on my chevy tracker and it helped big time but the little tires wont fit on it.

Even so you have to pay attention and get the bead to the center of the rim so you can pull the rest of the bead over the rims lip.

Then a good blast of air to get the tires going on the rim helps, we played hell with my new front tractor tire that was a bit smashed getting it to seat.

Here is the Link to that Mini Tire Machine. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Mini-Tire Changer
You can buy a mini tire machine a HF for under 40 bucks. I hate to say it and I DON'T like Chinese tools, but it works just fine. Let the tires sit in the sun for a little while, use Dawn dishsoap for lube like others have said and it's a piece of cake. Just a minute or two a tire, it's amazing when you have the right tools.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I just got a harbor freight gift card for Christmas so for about 50 bucks I think im going that route, since this isn't going to be the last little tire I'll mount.:thumbsup:

I bought a mini tire changer today, I hated to spend the money but I have several tractor tires I need to change/dismount,
I know I'll have a minibike or gokart around here sooner or later that will need a new set of treads.

After messing with the SS18's front tires I know this will be the perfect tool to make it simple.

Damn it, you guys are costing me more money :smile:, I have a HF automotive tire changer now I need to get the mini tire changer.:thumbsup: I just used my 20% coupon yesterday on the 6.5 engine, now to find another 20% coupon. :scooter: I'm done I tell you, I'm done. :laugh: