new to the mini bike world, just purchased db30s today!

Hey everyone, im new to the mini bike world. just purchased a db30s in running condition today. plan to make it my new hobby, but im sure i will need help along the way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks. i scored this in great running condition for 200.00 bucks. Good deal?! minibike.jpg

$200 is stout but they are becoming more sought after , approx $140 for a Predator and new 3/4" clutch and then she'll run , ya gotta ditch that boat anchor ! Great Hobby you'll love it those are really good bikes to get your feet wet with !

thanks! i was wondering if i paid to much :/ they are a rare breed to find for sale around here and he wanted 300 so i thought it was a decent find. whats up with this exhaust? exhaust.png

And how hard is an engine swap for someone with close to zero exp?

capguncowboy

That exhaust is a burn waiting to happen. Lose the engine and grab a Predator or even an old 5hp Briggs if you have one laying around. Predators are on sale at Harbor Freight for about $100 most of the time.

2SlickNick

That exhaust is a burn waiting to happen. Lose the engine and grab a Predator or even an old 5hp Briggs if you have one laying around. Predators are on sale at Harbor Freight for about $100 most of the time.
Yep I have a pretty mean scar, when I put header on stock 97cc engine.

the Vin is on the fork neck tube , the last # is the year but it really don't matter , if you have reasonable mechanical skills and tools you can easily do the engine swap , research it on here and Google it , there areally a load of you tube videos showing the whole process !

Im loving this forum! thanks everyone for the input. u guys rock. it sure is nice having a community like this to support me in my purchase haha and to have so much available knowledge!