New to this. I have a tote gote 404 need any available info

Just starting to rebuild it and any info that will help steer me in the right direction . i have just finished the drive train and am looking to find the correct drive clutch. also need info on the breaking system on this thing as it seems to be missing. thanks in advance. "T"

Hello T...welcome to the OldMiniBikes.

Members Richard Trotter @Richard Trotter , and Davis @Davis have a lot of knowledge about the Tote Gote Line. The @Username will notify them there is a question for them.

See if you can post a few photos also.

Enjoy your bike, and again, welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

Hello T...welcome to the OldMiniBikes.

Members Richard Trotter @Richard Trotter , and Davis @Davis have a lot of knowledge about the Tote Gote Line. The @Username will notify them there is a question for them.

See if you can post a few photos also.

Enjoy your bike, and again, welcome to the OldMiniBikes !
Thanks for the reply Robert, Just getting started I am trying to mock up everything then disassemble to paint and then reassemble. I have found that the original sheet metal is toast and will be replacing it with diamond plate aluminum. I hate to take away from the original design but this will be fun fabricating the parts. fortunately most every thing was there to start with. Will try to post pics soon

thanks for the reply

Thanks Eric, for the pics . there are great.
Thanks Davis for the info.
The next Question is are any parts available?
you can find the brake band on Ebay.. the brake band off of a Sears craftsman Tractor (1968 ish) ss12 will fit with a slight modification these seem to pop up pretty regular.. A climbaway clutch pops up for sale every now and again on ebay also... ( but rather pricey usually) most of the bearing and seals are still being made, tires are not an issue.. original Side Screens are very hard to find. ( I make mine as i'm impatient) so parts can be found...

Thanks again Eric . When you say that the climbaway clutch is pricey, what could I expect to pay for one of them.
I do have both of the side screens and they are in good shape

Here are some pics of it . In 004 jpg you will notice that there isn't a brake on the front wheel. Do you know what brand of brake that this takes?
I don't know if you can see it in 002jpg that i have in my ignorance have added a brake disc on the forward jack shaft . I did this because i thought that it would stop better. but now i will have to remove the old brake drum cable mount and fab. up one for the caliper.

Attachments

Thanks again Eric . When you say that the climbaway clutch is pricey, what could I expect to pay for one of them.
I do have both of the side screens and they are in good shape
I sold a 3/4 a little bit ago for 100 and it needed some love... I bought a 1" that needed love for more than that.. so really ive seen great ones sell for 200 ++

Here are some pics of it . In 004 jpg you will notice that there isn't a brake on the front wheel. Do you know what brand of brake that this takes?
I don't know if you can see it in 002jpg that i have in my ignorance have added a brake disc on the forward jack shaft . I did this because i thought that it would stop better. but now i will have to remove the old brake drum cable mount and fab. up one for the caliper.
It will still work.. the disc will more than likely stop a little better.. but it is a tote gote so no land speed records being broke.. so just about anything will stop it

I noticed some missing screws on your front fork. I hope you can get these replaced before you ride. There should be screws on the back side of the fork, too. The slides inside the fork may collapse. The front brake was an option, and in my opinion, ineffective. missing screws.jpg

Thanks Richard i thought that there were set screws that supposed to be there , but i can see the threads . also it looks like the part that the screws go into have slipped towards the tire. which is the best way to overhaul the fork assy. Or is that possible without causing further damage?

Richard, After reading your post i looked at the drawings that you sent me I found that the screws for the forks listed are a 10/34 x 1/4.
this puzzled me because I thought that that it could be only a 10/32 or a 10/24 thread. Do you think that this could be a misprint?