Newb ?s

Red Man

I have a new predator 212 with epa carb on it. What will happen if i use the stage one kit on it? And since i think the answer is, it will run like crap, any solution besides a new carb? I got the newb jitters about carbs so how extreme is a carb swap really?

I have a new predator 212 with epa carb on it. What will happen if i use the stage one kit on it? And since i think the answer is, it will run like crap, any solution besides a new carb? I got the newb jitters about carbs so how extreme is a carb swap really?
to answer your question about the carb swap.
1. you simply take off the 2 10mm bolts that hold on the air-filter
2. you disconnect the throttle linkage ( and the small spring, then the fuel line)
3. slide the epa crap off
4. install the new carb and just reverse steps 1 and 2
5. now you have a stock predator
if you want a cheap carb, this should work just fine. (for 13$ you cant go wrong)
https://www.amazon.com/FitBest-Carb...=1544153271&sr=8-1&keywords=predator+212+carb

to answer your question about the carb swap.
1. you simply take off the 2 10mm bolts that hold on the air-filter
2. you disconnect the throttle linkage ( and the small spring, then the fuel line)
3. slide the epa crap off
4. install the new carb and just reverse steps 1 and 2
5. now you have a stock predator
if you want a cheap carb, this should work just fine. (for 13$ you cant go wrong)
https://www.amazon.com/FitBest-Carb...=1544153271&sr=8-1&keywords=predator+212+carb
if you need help ill glad make a step my step video for you!

Red Man

welcome, ill do it tomorrow.
also, call me barbecue ;)
Ok BBQ. No rush on the vid unless you want to, cause my patient is totally deconstructed right now for painting. The goal is to have a ridable, clean bike by ×mas. Its not a gift to anyone but my daughter has staked claim to it since i bought 2 more. It would be cool to have it going by then with stock parts. Stage 1 and so forth can wait, i got 4 kids. Plain Lays, i mean BBQ, thanks again, i cant imagine how much I'm going to need you for my mtd restomod.

Ok BBQ. No rush on the vid unless you want to, cause my patient is totally deconstructed right now for painting. The goal is to have a ridable, clean bike by ×mas. Its not a gift to anyone but my daughter has staked claim to it since i bought 2 more. It would be cool to have it going by then with stock parts. Stage 1 and so forth can wait, i got 4 kids. Plain Lays, i mean BBQ, thanks again, i cant imagine how much I'm going to need you for my mtd restomod.
yeah, im waiting on a stage one kit right now for my baja, i figured might as well help you out as the engine is coming out of the bike anyways (going to need to bend the exhaust pipe or make a new one, its going to be a new experience for me too!)
but if you need any more help im usually on here!

Thanks bro. I wasnt expecting all that. I did manage to buy a few items on Amazon today. Got the carb you linked some sparkling green grips and a thumb throttle like a 4wheeler. With some apehangers coming soon i thought that might be cool. Its going to be green soon.

Thanks bro. I wasnt expecting all that. I did manage to buy a few items on Amazon today. Got the carb you linked some sparkling green grips and a thumb throttle like a 4wheeler. With some apehangers coming soon i thought that might be cool. Its going to be green soon.
Sweet!
Looks like were both having gremlin green bikes ;)
Good luck on your build, I removed the govener on my bike, but I wouldn't do it on a new engine (this one is worn out, I bought. A stage one kit just to finish it off)

I talked with an upholstery shop about doing my seat in that marine material that has the sparkles in it and looks like its covered in clear plastic. Very retro.