Nice Cat 250

That's a nice survivor for a good price. Interesting to see the Cat decal on the recoil...looks old like it's original to the bike. Factory shut off switch too.

Correct Andy, earlier were 2.5 Briggs, then 2.5 Tecumseh. The one in the CL ad is probably the later 2501 model. The cat decal on the recoil is odd, and might have been the result of a later overhaul. I am not well versed enough to ID those Tec's from that photo. Need a data plate, but the owner says Briggs, so maybe it is a correct 2.5 Tec. It'd be nice to get a closer look at the foot peg covers too.

Derek is probably half way home with it. Lol
That's a nice survivor. The second one I've seen that nice. I bought the other 3-4 years ago and sold it. A member owns it now.

I did email the guy this morning. If it's available I'll grab it otherwise I just want someone here to get it. At 6'-3" I'm really not into the really small bikes but that one is nice.

capguncowboy

From what I've seen (admittedly, it's not a lot), Cat had little to no quality control. I've seen a lot of variations within the same model and year, including different types of shocks, tires, decal placement etc. I have a Duster MX that has Eliminator paint on the forks and frame, but the forks were definitely Duster MX and there's no tank mount tab.

I'd say that sticker on the recoil is original judging by the condition, but I would doubt it was something they did universally. Probably a 1-off from the new decal guy that day.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I only posted it with the hopes somebody here could pick it up. The next time it's for sale it'll probably have a predator and the forks will bent all the way back:laugh:
Lots of go, with any extra woah!

I would still pounce on it, even at $350, but shipping would kill the deal.

And it's back down to $250 wtf? :eek:ut: That's what I offered to pay him when he originally listed it. Never got a response out of him. Maybe it's just me he doesn't want to own it.