NOOBIE NEEDS HELP with baja project.

Hello all!

I am new to mini bikes, and this forum. I have had motorcycles, atvs, etc, and I'm very excited about my new warrior. I got a really good deal on a new one, and after a couple months of riding stock....its time for some juice. I need advice on the best stuff to get from top to bottom. I don't want to build a racing machine, but something that will get around good with me on it, I'm 6'4" 300lbs, and I bought the warrior thinking screw it, I'll give it a try. Its been a blast stock, so I'm excited to take it next level.

I want to know whats the best torque converter, carb upgrades, pipes, etc. I have even seen where people say cretin spark plugs make a difference.

Right now with what I have read, I'm looking at starting with a TAV2 and then going with an NR racing stage 2 kit. But like I said, I NEED HELP, and suggestions or experience would be very helpful.

Thanks to all!

joekd

I swapped in a NR racing motor and a TAV onto my warrior, it pulls my weight around just fine no matter what trail or hill I have tried it on

I highly recommend the front brake mod and if riding off road some more aggressive tires

I swapped in a NR racing motor and a TAV onto my warrior, it pulls my weight around just fine no matter what trail or hill I have tried it on

I highly recommend the front brake mod and if riding off road some more aggressive tires
Yea your mod thread is what inspired me to look around. You have a sweet setup. Any suggestions on where to get the front brake mod? Or perhaps rear brake up grades?

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

I deff. need to get a torque converter soon I think. The chain is making some sort of werid binding noise when I come to a stop. I figured torque converter would fix it. Any ideas on which one is best?

Comet makes great torque converters. It is a very reliable brand. It can be expensive though, so it would not hurt to get another brand. In general though, a torque converter will provide more torque.

Hi.

If any one still cares......

I had to put the bike on hold for a bit. my sportsman 700 needed new axle and water seal, and i went ahead and finished up with some new tires at a price I couldn't turn down. But I wanted to have something to ride while bike is out of comish.

I just ordered a torque converter off ebay, I assumed off brand wouldn't matter since no one said any thing to support that. Got it for 120 should be here Tuesday. A plan on installing it asap.

Any body know any good install threads for these things?

I appreciate the support, but it seems like so far everyone has just told me to search past threads. If I wanted to just do that what would be the point in signing up as a member?

Any way I hope everyone hasn't just resorted to showing off pictures, and has given up on helping the helpless. Regardless, I will post pics of the 4 wheeler and bike asap.

TBC.....

joekd

The TAV install is very straight forward, depending on which backplate you ordered you may have to grind, other wise it's just a matter of hammering one jackplate mount flush with the frame (thin metal, easy to do) and grinding/cutting off the top chain cover mount

Crank shaft was not tapped. Thanks for the awesome post! I was already pricing motors when you replied. I a looking for a lug at local stores. If all goes well I should have some pics to upload tonight! Thanks again!

Ok so I ordered the nuts for the tav and got everything installed. Everything seems to be going good. Belt seems to be fraying a little on the edges, but kind of seems normal....is it?

Thanks for all the helpful input, I will update pics asap...been having to much fun riding :)
I was thinking about going for the nr racing stage 2 kit next. Any other suggestions?

some fraying is normal but check the alignment of the two. you can shim the driver with a fabbed spacer if it needs to be brought out or take a little off of the factory spacer if it is too far out.