Nor cal mini bike get together, show and swap meet .June 21st , oakley ca

cletus

I have secured a location and set the date for Saturday June 21 st and everything is set to go. It will be at Big Break Marina, 100 big break road
, oakley ca, approx 2 miles from highway 160 and highway 4

Mini bike get together, swap meet, show and BBQ , miles of paved bike trails nearby, possibly a drag location also still working on that

Everything's free except for parking is $5

( NOTE: DISCLAIMER; since I have personally funded and organized an event area, there can be no racing or what have you at the event area and I or the owners of the location hold no responsibility for anyone riding outside said event area) that being said, there is plenty of nicely paved bike trails right outside the entrance, it's not my problem at that point so ride at your own risk.

We Need as many guys to show up as we can get, the more the merrier. I have gone through a lot trying to make this happen for us nor cal guys and I , and I'm sure anybody in the nor cal/ Bay Area wants this as much as I do. So who's gonna be there? All you gotta do is show up with your bike and a good attitude ( and anything your willing to bring for a swap meet)

P.s I know it's early but this will give everyone time to get ready and what not, let's try to get a ballpark of how many people we can get to show

If anyone has any suggestions, ideas or questions or wants to help out with food or anything feel free

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN YALL . Support NorCal mini biking and keep it alive, the more guys we get the better we have a chance to make this a regular and or yearly thing

Hey Cletus (or is it Clyde?),

Very good of you to go to the trouble of setting this up. Hopefully lots of folks will show. Unfortunately, I'm scheduled to work that day. Very tough for me to get days off, but I will try. At least I have time to bargain . . .

JB (John)

cletus

I know your in Dutch, just trying to get the word out. I see quite a few guys on OldMiniBikes that are in the area, I know I'm not the only one who's down!

cletus

Hey Cletus (or is it Clyde?),

Very good of you to go to the trouble of setting this up. Hopefully lots of folks will show. Unfortunately, I'm scheduled to work that day. Very tough for me to get days off, but I will try. At least I have time to bargain . . .

JB (John)
Cletus is my alias. How'd you know my real name?

I talked to a bunch of guys that are stoked about the event. I gave them info and directed them to this thread, and they can't wait. :thumbsup:

cletus

Sweet! I'm pumped! So Did a test run of the motor with TAV installed and I'm having problems with it engaging/disengaging and shifting. Maybe it'll be ok once it's under load on the bike, either way gotta have this thing rolling by then.

cletus

Cool man I'm greeting my bike ready as well I've been thinking about adding Tav to my build as final peace.
They are sweet as long as long as they're set up right. I'm running like at least double the horsepower rating and a 3100 rpm engagement speed so we'll see how it goes. I might be going race clutch

cletus

Okay guys so I now have a little SNAFU on my hands
, turns out the 21st isn't gonna work, when would everybody want to do it on Sunday the 22nd? Or maybe the the next weekend on the 28th or 29th ? I'd like like to make it convient for everybody since I know we all have lives outside of the mini bike world, input greatly appreciated !

Thanks guys , Cletus

I'm thinking 22nd , oh and if we do it then my photographer girlfriend will take pictures!

Last edited:
Hmmm. I'm guessing it's illegal to ride on the bike trails with a minibike? I almost got arrested at Minibike Paul's event down in Camarillo - trespassing and evading an officer...

Can you give us the address of where it's going to happen so we can scope it out on google maps/earth?

Riding or not I may be able to make it. Beginning of car show season and I've got one of my cars I've owned for 22 years about to make it out this year. Nothing on the calendar yet though...

Okay guys so I now have a little SNAFU on my hands
, turns out the 21st isn't gonna work, when would everybody want to do it on Sunday the 22nd? Or maybe the the next weekend on the 28th or 29th ? I'd like like to make it convient for everybody since I know we all have lives outside of the mini bike world, input greatly appreciated !

Thanks guys , Cletus

I'm thinking 22nd , oh and if we do it then my photographer girlfriend will take pictures!
Sunday probably works better for me anyways.