Northern Nevada Vintage & Custom Minibike Club Forming

Initial Meetup Saturday July 12, 2014 at 1pm, at Double Diamond Athletic Club 9400 Double Diamond Parkway Reno, Nevada 89521 to establish interest by area minibike enthusiasts in forming a minibike club dedicated to finding riding spaces, organizing group riding events, demonstrations, appearances in civic parades on behalf of charitable organizations, and much more. Go to Meetup.com for more information and RSVP. Bring a friend!

**THIS IS NOT A SWAP MEET OR RIDING EVENT so don't bring your minibike or spare parts this time!**

Double Diamond Athletic Club is an upscale gym conveniently located in south Reno, with easy access from I580 freeway. Bring your gym clothes and enjoy a complimentary workout while you're there.

Good luck, it would be great to see a west side Windber develop.

:thumbsup:
That's the plan Bikerscum! Windber of the West! So far I've got 5 RSVPs off meetup.com and 2 responses from Craigslist, plus as many as 10 friends, associates and employees of the gym that is sponsoring us.:thumbsup:

My biz partner (member Kodamax) just got a screamin' deal on a like new 98cc Doodlebug. He gotta date with Harbor Freight after the meetup:scooter:

So PLEASE, if you know anybody in Reno, send'em to meetup.com and RSVP. I have a very nice room and a lot of excitement surrounding this event.:laugh:

Had a ball today at the mini bike club gathering in Reno! I've owned a mini bike for all of a week now and can't wait to put a new engine on it. I also got to ride John (Oldminibikes member Jbrocks). Also met a couple of the movers and shakers who are enthusiastic about helping get some mini bike events going here in Reno. It's such a fun hobby and you don't have to spend a fortune to get started. I bought my 97 cc Doodle Bug for $150. Here's a shot of me on John's 10 hp modified bike, which he let me take for a spin.

cletus

That's a drive but I'm down to come and ride. I think between y'all out there everybody out here we could have a pretty good happening

Yup! It was a good day.:biggrin: Had 6 guys show up and four calls of interest the day of. Three of those calls came off a Craigslist ad that one of the sponsoring gym employees posted in the 'motorcycles for sale'. Hmmm, I didn't think of that, I posted in Events and Groups. (See? Mo' heads better'n just one!:freakout::freakout::freakout:) Everyone of those guys has between 2 and 10 minibikes and want to join. One of those guys is connected with the Virginia City Nevada Labor Day Festival and wants a buncha minibikes to be in the parade. Oh hail yea! That would exactly be one the founding purposes of starting a club.:thumbsup: First order of the day: everybody join OldMiniBikes.

So we are going to do it again, that area around the gym is perfect for riding (or maybe I'm a little too easy to please) but vacant light industrial park works for me. I bet a lot more people come, the gym owner is into it.

Mbdutch and Cletus, good to hear from you guys!! I will keep you in the loop personally, MB I told the guys about your Sacramento Sundays, we're down! Cletus, if yer bike ain't up by next meet, come anyway, you can ride one of mine.

Guardrail Dave, thank you sir for chiming in, I have sent you a PM!:thumbsup:

JB, you have trashed my old mini bike hunting ground by generating all of this interest. Why, I even noted the bash listed in the motorcycles for sale section. Long gone are the days when I could pick up a 90% original Cat for $75. :hammer: :biggrin:

Of course, all I need to do is wait another two months, and ya'all are going to be in hibernation for that six months of iciness. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good deal for you guys. Sounds like fun, and the next time I'm up, I will definitely give you a buzz. :thumbsup:

Of course, all I need to do is wait another two months, and ya'all are going to be in hibernation for that six months of iciness. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good deal for you guys. Sounds like fun, and the next time I'm up, I will definitely give you a buzz. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Havasu Dave! Be great to have you up here anytime!:thumbsup:

Yup! It was a good day.:biggrin: Had 6 guys show up and four calls of interest the day of. Three of those calls came off a Craigslist ad that one of the sponsoring gym employees posted in the 'motorcycles for sale'. Hmmm, I didn't think of that, I posted in Events and Groups. (See? Mo' heads better'n just one!:freakout::freakout::freakout:) Everyone of those guys has between 2 and 10 minibikes and want to join. One of those guys is connected with the Virginia City Nevada Labor Day Festival and wants a buncha minibikes to be in the parade. Oh hail yea! That would exactly be one the founding purposes of starting a club.:thumbsup: First order of the day: everybody join OldMiniBikes.

So we are going to do it again, that area around the gym is perfect for riding (or maybe I'm a little too easy to please) but vacant light industrial park works for me. I bet a lot more people come, the gym owner is into it.

Mbdutch and Cletus, good to hear from you guys!! I will keep you in the loop personally, MB I told the guys about your Sacramento Sundays, we're down! Cletus, if yer bike ain't up by next meet, come anyway, you can ride one of mine.

Guardrail Dave, thank you sir for chiming in, I have sent you a PM!:thumbsup:
I used to live in Navada and am familiar with the Double Diamond area.
I may try to make it one day if it becomes an annual event.

Off-topic:
I was in Reno last summer and couldn't believe how many SF Giants fans are there. Have you seen the white VW bug with the baseball stitches and SFG logos? LOL

I made it out to see JB during hot august nights
there wasn't a club meeting going but we did hang out for a couple of hours
It was great to meet him ,I will try to plan my next trip up on a NNV@CMC meeting night
:thumbsup:Dave

I sent an email to the President of the Northern Nevada Kart Club regarding what possibilities exist for using the Kart Track and facilities for occasion minibike club meet ups. I received a response back that the Board has my email and will respond shortly to my inquiry. They also posted my email for discussion in the forum on their website.

That's not nothing! I offered to be the circus clowns on minibikes if they let us ride there:laugh: I don't even need a clown suit or makeup, I'm goofy enough:eek:ut:

Any OldMiniBikes members who are NNKC members or have connects, put a good word in for us. That would be a great place to ride, but in the meantime, we got some good grounds coming up on August 23rd at the Minibike RIDEOUT at Double Diamond Athletic Club 9400 Double Diamond Parkway Reno, NV 89521.

Here's a video tour of the grounds we got to ride. This is my last helmet cam video, a little too much head turning and bobbling. I love the GoPro and I'm getting a body harness, smooth it out.

Stick around for the whole tour, I have a treat for you musically. The Mark Eaton Band live, with me on the drums actually, at a bar in North Austin TX in 2010, performing an obscure Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush number, then a very cool original arrangement of Red House. Mark ROCKS! Very Psychedelic Acidy Spacy -- I better stop now before I indict myself:doah: Enjoy the tour:thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEjflC8yLyo

Last edited: