Northern NY Fall Minibike Fest and Swap Meet

A few of you asked for this:

An Invitation to the First Northern NY Minibike Festival and Swap Meet

Located on an 8 acre site in Redwood, NY, 13679 (Jefferson County) the First Annual Northern New York Minibike Festival and Swap Meet looks to be the Biggest and Best Fall Minibike Event in New York State. Bring your minibikes, trikes, and ATV’s and ride the local trails! The site is located 6 miles east of Redwood at the intersection of Cottage Hill Road, Grass Lake Road, and Hart Flats Road, GPS coordinates 44.311280, -75.717932. The Swap Meet will run every day and everybody is invited to display and sell products related to the theme of the Fest. There are many miles of ATV legal roads, trails, and trail systems in the area. Please note this is a Primitive Camping Site, there are no utilities, running water, or sewers on the property. Bring pads and tarps for tents as most of the area is rock.

PM me with questions. This is a Fall event because the property is useless during the summer months
due to the shear quantity and variety of bugs such as mosquitoes, black flies, horse flies, deer flies,
and every other miserable flying biting bug. September is a good time, cool days and nights, and the
leaves will be starting to change.

As stated earlier this is a Primitive Camping Site. If you are tenting bring something to cushion
the tent, the majority of the site is bedrock. Camp fires are allowed and local wood can be scavenged
to burn so there is no need to bring wood. There is LOTS of wood available.

The site is located in Jefferson County, NY which permits registered All Terrain Vehicles to operate
on the local roads, state, and privately funded ATV/Snowmobile trails. The town businesses embrace
ATV operators.

i will be looking for three people to act as Trustees during the event to aid in communicating any issues
to me. PM me if you are interested in being a Trustee.

Every effort is being made to limit the Rules and Regulations. So far the Insurance requires that no
Plastic Fuel Cans be present on the property during the event. No sales of Alcohol Beverages on the
property during the event so give your buddy a beer, don't sell it to him. A trail loops the site. Camping
is good on both sides of the Loop and in the center of the site. Riding on the Loop is allowed but keep it slow.

Minibike Fest 2017 Page 1.jpg

Minibike Fest 2017 Page 2.jpg

This event is sponsored by Alien Kinetics LLC, your source for
Ultra High End Audio Equipment Design and Manufacturing.

Last edited:
Alright...!!!

Thank you for organizing this Phil..:thumbsup:

I added the days off to my work schedule today, and am looking forward to it.

I've never been that far north on the east coast. It should be a beautiful time of year up your way.

Thanks again.

It's worth mentioning that if you own an ATV you can bring it there to ride the very large trail system. There are a few caveats though. the machine has to be registered and insured in NYS. You also have to have a trail permit for the Tug Hill Trail System, unless you stay on the public road part of the trail system. If you are a big ATVer, and want to make a bigger trip, then it may be worth doing for you.
I used to ride the trails up there regularly. We'd get on our dirt bikes and ride 100 miles away to get lunch, then ride back.
Don't think of riding rogue. You'll get ticketed, at best, and impounded and ticketed at worst.

Joe

Last edited:
It's worth mentioning that if you own an ATV you can bring it there to ride the very large trail system. There are a few caveats though. the machine has to be registered and insured in NYS. You also have to have a trail permit for the Tug Hill Trail System, unless you stay on the public road part of the trail system. If you are a big ATVer, and want to make a bigger trip, then it may be worth doing for you.
I used to ride the trails up there regularly. We'd get on our dirt bikes and ride 100 miles away to get lunch, then ride back.
Don't think of riding rogue. You'll get ticketed, at best, and impounded and ticketed at worst.

Joe
Check here for NYS registration requirements. Out of State Registrations are accepted.

Insurance is not required but at about $25 a month only the foolhardy would not have it.

https://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/atvs-information-owners-and-operators

I am working with the NYS State Police and Redwood Fire Department on
Parade rules and regulations. The fire dept is eager to do a parade.

Last edited:
Check here for NYS registration requirements. Out of State Registrations are accepted.

Insurance is not required but at about $25 a month only the foolhardy would not have it.

https://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/atvs-information-owners-and-operators

I am working with the NYS State Police and Redwood Fire Department on
Parade rules and regulations. The fire dept is eager to do a parade.
You are correct on NYS honoring out of state registrations(unless it is a side by side over 1000lbs), but any vehicle ridden on the trail system must be registered.
They also have to be insured unless they are operated on your own, personal, property. If you leave your own land, it needs to be insured. Ride it on the trail system without insurance and you can be ticketed. I don't know of a singe case of someone being ticketed for riding private property with an uninsured ATV, but I've seen plenty of tickets issued for riding uninsured on the trail system.

If you're working with the Troopers, they can tell you what the story is. I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I've ridden thousands of miles up there, and rarely did I cross the Hill without seeing law enforcement on the trail.

Kudos to you for doing this. It'll be a lot of work. If you pull off a parade, that will be 7 levels of awesome! Even if you don't, any get-together with other minibike addicts is a good one.

Joe

Last edited:
going forward i will post all updates here at the top of the post.

UPDATE 02-08-2017 - All registered participants will be automatically entered into a drawing for a new-in-box
GX200 Clone Engine. The drawing will be Saturday Afternoon. You must be present to win this engine, we
will draw names until a winner is found.

A few of you asked for this:

An Invitation to the First Northern NY Minibike Festival and Swap Meet

Located on an 8 acre site in Redwood, NY, 13679 (Jefferson County) the First Annual Northern New York Minibike Festival and Swap Meet looks to be the Biggest and Best Fall Minibike Event in New York State. Bring your minibikes, trikes, and ATV’s and ride the local trails! The site is located 6 miles east of Redwood at the intersection of Cottage Hill Road, Grass Lake Road, and Hart Flats Road, GPS coordinates 44.311280, -75.717932. The Swap Meet will run every day and everybody is invited to display and sell products related to the theme of the Fest. There are many miles of ATV legal roads, trails, and trail systems in the area. Please note this is a Primitive Camping Site, there are no utilities, running water, or sewers on the property. Bring pads and tarps for tents as most of the area is rock.

PM me with questions. This is a Fall event because the property is useless during the summer months
due to the shear quantity and variety of bugs such as mosquitoes, black flies, horse flies, deer flies,
and every other miserable flying biting bug. September is a good time, cool days and nights, and the
leaves will be starting to change.

As stated earlier this is a Primitive Camping Site. If you are tenting bring something to cushion
the tent, the majority of the site is bedrock. Camp fires are allowed and local wood can be scavenged
to burn so there is no need to bring wood. There is LOTS of wood available.

The site is located in Jefferson County, NY which permits registered All Terrain Vehicles to operate
on the local roads, state, and privately funded ATV/Snowmobile trails. The town businesses embrace
ATV operators.

i will be looking for three people to act as Trustees during the event to aid in communicating any issues
to me. PM me if you are interested in being a Trustee.

Every effort is being made to limit the Rules and Regulations. So far the Insurance requires that no
Plastic Fuel Cans be present on the property during the event. No sales of Alcohol Beverages on the
property during the event so give your buddy a beer, don't sell it to him. A trail loops the site. Camping
is good on both sides of the Loop and in the center of the site. Riding on the Loop is allowed but keep it slow.

View attachment 93569

View attachment 93570

This event is sponsored by Alien Kinetics LLC, your source for
Ultra High End Audio Equipment Design and Manufacturing.

update - 02-19-17

thanks to global warming we had a warm spell here so i did some looking around. it looks
like we can do a nice dirt 100' drag strip. let me know if this is of interest.

in addition to the drag strip we can do a motocross style track. again please let me know
if this something you would be interested in as i would have bring in resources to make
it all work.

the parade looks like a go. the local fire dept is gung ho and working with the state police
on the logistics, insurance, and, policing issues.

in regards to food. initially i figured on hiring a local licensed kitchen to provide food. if
we all want to cook on volunteer basis i will provide the food if we all want to cook it.
bbq's, grills, etc, can be brought in and i will supply some too. trying to simplify things
and lower costs. i also think that if we get together for meals it will be a better family
experience.

i'm in the big apple tonight at my favorite hotel, the hotel pennsylvania, across the
street from penn station enjoying a corned beef sandwich from katz deli. life is good!

ciao! :thumbsup:

phil

going forward i will post all updates here at the top of the post.

UPDATE 02-08-2017 - All registered participants will be automatically entered into a drawing for a new-in-box
GX200 Clone Engine. The drawing will be Saturday Afternoon. You must be present to win this engine, we
will draw names until a winner is found.

Hi Phil, Hotel Pennsylvania?? I hope my brothers on 31st didn't keep you up all night making too much noise. grab a beer at niles. Sounds like a great event your putting together, I hope we can make it. would love to get out in the trail system up there. I Havent been doing much on the minis lately, need a good excuse to do something fun!