Northern NY Fall Minibike Fest and Swap Meet

******************* UPDATE 08-03-2017 **********************

Howdy All!

We are about 6 weeks away from the fest. Here is the current status:

1 - The prices have been lowered to keep in line with expenses and I will need to receive
pre-registrations by August 19th.

2- With the extremely heavy rain and flooding we have had here some new ponds have
formed on the property. One section of the trail loop is still submerged. Things may dry up
but expect areas of standing water and mud.

3 - The bugs are still really, really, bad. Brush-hogging started and will continue right up
to the event. This will reduce the biting fly population. If the Bee Hives get moved in time
the area will be fogged as needed.

4 - The Parade is uncertain at this time due to insurance problems. The local fire department
and police are on board but the insurance companies I have auditioned are not willing to
underwrite a bunch of minibikes on public roads.

5 - Food will not be available for sale on the site. I will be supplying grills and bottled water
at no charge. Food is an issue with the county health department, temperatures have to be
controlled and monitored. There are food markets and plenty of restaurants in the area if
you do not want to cook on site.

6 - Free Firewood for all. There is hundreds of cords of wood lying all over the site. Everyone is
free to chop wood to your hearts content for camp fires. Please bring some sort of fire ring of
you plan on having a camp fire.

PM me with any question of suggestions.

View attachment Minibike Fest 2017 Page 1.pdf

View attachment Mini Bike Fest Page 1A.pdf

View attachment Minibike Fest 2017 Page 2.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

joshua. c.

no restrooms is simple, porter potty's or a home made outhouse or lateen. remember people have to go to the bathroom so if you don't give them a spot to do so they will find there own and the woods around your property will be filled with random fox holes. and water can be solved with a water trailer like the military uses. or even one of those water tanks you can buy for the back of a truck. as far as insurance for the parade, talk to the people who run windber about how they did there's. they seem to have worked something out.

Registration and $ sent, any progress on a track? i.e.:
"it looks
like we can do a nice dirt 100' drag strip. let me know if this is of interest.

in addition to the drag strip we can do a motocross style track. again please let me know
if this something you would be interested in as i would have bring in resources to make
it all work."
Thanks again for putting this together.

***********************UPDATE *************************

the brush hogging is ongoing and really fixing up the areas. the bugs are
still aweful but we getting colder nights now that really knock down the
biting fly population.

i am adding two solar backpacks as drawing prizes for registered attendees.
one is a camelback and the other is a camping or school back pack. they
are cool backpacks with a 7 watt solar, USB charging port, and a 5 Amp Hour
battery.

also added for local cooking will be a small but effective deep fat fryer. i figure
on stocking up on chicken wings, etc.

there still is a lot of standing water and new ponds from all the rain. the loop
is still not fully driveable for cars, i am sure atv's will have no problem.

tick-tock! :thumbsup:

phil

Registration and $ sent, any progress on a track? i.e.:
"it looks
like we can do a nice dirt 100' drag strip. let me know if this is of interest.

in addition to the drag strip we can do a motocross style track. again please let me know
if this something you would be interested in as i would have bring in resources to make
it all work."
Thanks again for putting this together.
sorry for missing this mini.

the drag strip is there, it is over 100' with a down hill end, should be interesting.
we can use spray paint to mark off start, finish, and lane markers. it is dirt, not
a nice paved strip, maybe some hay bails to mark the end and to provide a crash
zone for those stuck throttles or super fast bikes! come to think of it, we could use
downed trees as lane markers.

the loop still is not fully open, some parts are under water. i think that a small track can
be set up in the back quarter, there is standing water, mud, rocks, everything needed
to motocross in!

i just stopped by on the way home and the bugs were not that bad. if i can get some time
this week i can make a video.

:thumbsup:

phil

Last edited:
I have a closing that Friday but still trying to make it. Who do you have going so far? Tearing my trike down again. I'm not liking the live axle. Should be interesting.

I'm trying to get a few of my friends to make the commitment and bring their Super Broncs. We'll see what happens, looks like a lot of fun and that is a really nice area!

*************** UPDATE *****************
It's getting closer!

We had some cold evenings here and the biting fly population is getting
killed off. Brush-hogging continued today. I am getting ahead of the weeds
that are going bananas in the rainy weather.

A few tent sites are cleaned up pretty well and the main path is about three
quarters open on the lower side while the upper side is still to wet to brush
hog. lots of standing water still.

Instead of bulldozing all along the path for camp sites I think I will wait for
people to show up, pick where you want to camp and then clean up the site
with the Mighty Kubota if needed.

I decided against covering the path in crushed stone. This plot of land is
my prime Grouse hunting area and the more that gets changed the less birds
there will be. Some parts of the path is rough, but nothing that any AWD
car, truck, or camper can't handle. I have had a 35' DP parked on the
flats over the summer and getting in and out is no problem.

Food Update: Seafood Boil Saturday Night. Shrimp, Corn on the Cob and
Salt Potatoes complements of me for everyone camping there. This gets
me around all the crazy Health Dept rules. More on food when you get here.

I still could use a better head count to determine if we need one Porta-Potty or
six. If you can PM me here or text me at (315) 221-1598 with a name and
headcount I would greatly appreciate that. That is a business phone number,
text any time.

Just a reminder, the camp site is Primitive. There is bare bedrock, moss covered
areas, some dirt, lots of trees. Bring a chainsaw if you want to have a campfire, just
keep the campfires on bedrock or bring a fire ring. Expect cold nights, in the low
30's. Days should be around 65 to 70. If the rain doesn't stop bring your Winber
Boots.

If you depend on your cell phone you should know that cell coverage is spotty to
non-existent up here. ATT seems to work better but there are many dead areas.
Ham's should bring HT's, Families with kids should get a set of Family Radio
Walkie Talkies and batteries to communicate. I will have one inverter generator
running the entire time with a power strip and a 10 port USB charger for phones,
tablets, radios, etc. for your use. There will be a Hot Spot for Internet Access. it will be
limited bandwidth for getting email, etc., it won't support streaming video or tunes.

OK, so that's it in a nutshell. Things are coming together on this end. I do hope the
turnout is good!

:thumbsup:

Phil

20170902_114440.jpg

20170902_113505.jpg

20170902_113302.jpg

20170902_113245.jpg

20170902_113209.jpg

20170902_113531.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought to ask: Open headers or would you rather have muffled exhausts? Or doesn't it matter up there?
It's coming up quick!

Last edited:
Just thought to ask: Open headers or would you rather have muffled exhausts? Or doesn't it matter up there?
It's coming up quick!
it has to be quiet at night. headers are fine on the trails and roads. i believe
everyone will see where they are and run their exhaust accordingly!

i was on the property this morning after a full night of downpouring. bring a
canoe!!! i will brush hog on tuesday again and that should do it.

************** UPDATE ***************

The weather will be co-operating all weekend. Looks to be in the 60's during the
day and the low 40's in the evenings. One last attempt at brush hogging will be
done friday morning.

The best directions are to take Interstate Route 81 to Exit 49. Turn East at the
Off Ramp (Right if on 81 North, Left if you are coming from Canada. Proceed
approx 3 Miles to the flashing light. Turn Left. Go approx 6 miles to Redwood, NY.
Upon entering the 30 MPH zone make the first right on Cottage Hill Road. Stay on
Cottage Hill Road. Go past Burns Road, Go past Joyner Road. Cottage Hill Road
now turns into County Route 21. Go Past Carpenter Road. The Fest is at the
next intersection of Grass Lake Road, Hart Flats Road, and Cottage Hill Road (NY21).

Turn Right at the intersection go about 300' and you will see the entrance on the right.

Well I moved the closing up a week so that was good. Unfortunately I am in North Carolina heading back so I am probably going to miss it. Unless I get a burst of energy after I'm done with my 3000 mile round trip since Monday at 6pm. If not have a good time all and post pics and videos when you get back.