NOS 1970s Scrambler Horse

I recently picked up a 70s scrambler horse that is brand new in the original crate, it never been opened or put together. I can't really find any photos of one like it on the internet. It has a yellow tank. Any info and value of it would be appreciated, Thank You.

I recently picked up a 70s scrambler horse that is brand new in the original crate, it never been opened or put together. I can't really find any photos of one like it on the internet. It has a yellow tank. Any info and value of it would be appreciated, Thank You.
Yes, provide pics or it didn't happen! LOL
As far as "value" what did YOU pay for it?
Michael

capguncowboy

What the sense of a rule like that ?
First off, depending on what area you live in, the value of a bike might be less. For example, here in East TN, a Rupp is worth about half of what it's worth in New York or Pennsylvania. Then there's condition, which can be subjective. What's considered a nice survivor by some might be considered a potential restoration candidate to another, or maybe they'll think it's garbage. Then the market can dive or skyrocket. 69 Rupp parts were at a premium a year ago, today, you'd be lucky to get half the price for parts.

We don't give values here. There are just too many variables. If you want to get an idea of value, look at previous sale threads or browse Ebay. You can ask whatever you want for it, but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so it might not bring what you're asking. The good news is that you can always lower the price until you find someone willing to pay it.

The site would be more interesting if the subject was allowed, its a bad choice to ban a subject , imop people need to be able talk, its a good thing :thumbsup:

fistfullabar

The site would be more interesting if the subject was allowed, its a bad choice to ban a subject , imop people need to be able talk, its a good thing :thumbsup:
This site is fine the way it is...but we aint seen no pictures yet! Plus capguncowboy spelled out why no values given. All is relative.

Also if you allow values then many people will join just to get a value of something and then we never hear from them again. Not what this site is all about.

Also if you allow values then many people will join just to get a value of something and then we never hear from them again. Not what this site is all about.

They come and go anyway, being blocked talk about values will scare some away and also draw some in, I like valuation posts . :thumbsup:

Probably the most important reason for the rule is, it prevents arguments and long, drawn out discussions that eventually lead right back to each persons original opinion.
You may consider a stated value as perfect, while I consider it a rip off, or great bargain. We could beat the subject to death, with lots of examples and justification. Neither of us would be wrong, so neither would change our mind. But, we would have wasted a lot of time and bandwidth.