Odd Swing Arm

I was given a minibike frame O am restoring for my son. I grew up in the 80's having several as a kid. This frame resembles a Taco/Rupp but the swing arm is 2 individual sqare rods that come out to the back where the rear shocks fastened to them. I know something is missing since there in no slot for the rear tire to connect to.

I guess I am asking.. What type of frame is it?

When I get home tonight, I'll post a pic. Thought I would let people guess and see if the pic matches :)

Thanks,
Kevin

*** I think this is in the wrong topic area? ***

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a Campus with square tubing for a swingarm rather than the odd stamped ones they come with. A rough bike but it will ride with some work. Ogy is the Campus guy here, he's got a gaggle of em he's restoring at once.

Welcome to the site Teck , it would be a great bike to restore for yourself after you find a bike for him. A doodle bug is a great choice as a first bike they are cheap , plentifull and no loss if destroyed lol.
Your swing arm sides should be similar to this.
Rob

Hello Teck, You do indeed have a Fox Campus Bike made sometime between 1965 and 1969. You are correct in guessing that those are not the original swing arms. The swingarms on the Campus bikes were triangular in shape and differed from the left side to the right side. The first pic below shows a pair prior to restoration. The second pic shows the same pair after restoration. Third pic shows a closeup of the left side and pic four shows the right side. The right and left sides are as you are sitting on the bike. Hope this helps. Ogy PS...PM sent.

Thanks for the welcoming and the pics of the swing bar! Now I know what a real one looks like :) I have disassembled the parts I do have and taking the steelwool to them to get ready to paint. I am going to store it after that and just get parts when I can. My son will have to wait till I find a beater for him :) Now, my daughter wants one too. It just gives me an excuse to buy minibike parts, lol :)

Kevin