OHH Billet Flywheel

Have you tried to see if one from a flat head would work? I swapped a lighted flywheel from a OHH and used it on an HS50 a few years back. I am no expert on this, just measure the shaft and compare it to the flywheel and see what you have.

joshua. c.

I just compared a billet flywheel for my briggs inteck next to an ohh55 flywheel and they have nearly identical diamiters so a briggs billet flywheel shoold in theory be able to be fitted to a tecumseh. but may require changing the taper and possibly other modifications. like ajusting the center for the starter cup to fit right and checking the timming and there might be ballence issues. I dont have the macining skills or the tooling to make this happen on my own. but its food for thought.

delray

I just compared a billet flywheel for my briggs inteck next to an ohh55 flywheel and they have nearly identical diamiters so a briggs billet flywheel shoold in theory be able to be fitted to a tecumseh. but may require changing the taper and possibly other modifications. like ajusting the center for the starter cup to fit right and checking the timming and there might be ballence issues. I dont have the macining skills or the tooling to make this happen on my own. but its food for thought.
josh we talk about that before. i would look into the briggs animal flywheel that has the adjustable hub and see about making a new hub for a tecumseh taper and then also run the briggs pvl coil...…..