Old school solo water sking machine

I took a picture of this at the Portland show this last weekend. It's neat, I never seen one before, It has a small out board motor in it, It was last registered in Michigan in 74 if I remember right by the water craft decal on hood. Not sure of the maker. But cool. Sorry I didn't get more pictures. It must of sold, I saw it move to a new site by the afternoon.

dang! I have never seen one of those, I guess it hauled with a throttle in handle and it just drug you around, I would love to see a video of one actually working. neato

cool my unkle has a similar kind of machine its 2 stroke jet ski style i think. a little bit longer than that and you lay on it belly down with handlebars poking out of the body up front. i like that water ski idea better maybe slightly less painfull :laugh:

dang! I have never seen one of those, I guess it hauled with a throttle in handle and it just drug you around, I would love to see a video of one actually working. neato
A few years ago, I did see a video of one running. It looked a bit underpowered and slow- as if one needed to be a very good water skiier to use it.

With today's engine technology however, I bet one of these could be made to really pull. IIRC, they were jet pump driven with two stroke motor.

This one had an outboard? I'm thinking that wouldn't pass my sanity test. Talk about room for error!