Old Skool Go Kart Dimensions?

Does anybody have, or would mind taking measurements of a old skool bare bones style go kart like a Bananza or Rupp Dart?

I am wondering what the length from front axle to back axle would be.

Distance between the frame rails.

How far the seat frame back is from the front axle.

And the distance from the outside of one wheel to the outside of the other.

None of these measurements need to be exact, I am just looking for reference dimensions to build my own kart. Any help would be really appreciated.

Clay, here are the drawings on the early 60's Fox 2100. From what I gather, they are slightly smaller than the vintage race karts of the time. Too small for anyone over 5'5" but that deficiency is only felt in the seat to pedal area.

Thanks so much Dave, that is perfect. :thumbsup:

As far as it goes, when building it I can adjust the distance between the seat and peddles to make it comfortable.

Thanks so much Dave, that is perfect. :thumbsup:

As far as it goes, when building it I can adjust the distance between the seat and peddles to make it comfortable.
That's what I keep thinking when I drive it. I had the chance to do that when I repaired the frame, but didn't. I figure an extra 8 inches at the nose. Note front axle angles for proper steering geometry. They work well that way.

You may want to consider a live axle setup, just so you can use some off the shelf parts. I am rebuilding a dead axle kart now, and had to have the spindles made up. Not much available in the way of rear hubs for a dead axle either. Also with a live axle, you can put a brake disk right on the axle.

You may want to consider a live axle setup, just so you can use some off the shelf parts. I am rebuilding a dead axle kart now, and had to have the spindles made up. Not much available in the way of rear hubs for a dead axle either. Also with a live axle, you can put a brake disk right on the axle.
That's true about a live axle setup but I think I will likely go with a dead axle setup this time around. I am not worried about parts since I have my own mill and lathe and will be making everything for it anyways.

I have a older homemade kart frame that I might build up one day, and I have already made a live axle for that kart.

Here's a old rental kart mfg'd by Bug Engineering ...1961. I updated the motor & wheels but still have originals in a box. It's kinda a heavy one what with the extra bumper and side bars ( I left the huge front bumper off) and they used some serious heavy walled tubing too.

Here's a old rental kart mfg'd by Bug Engineering ...1961. I updated the motor & wheels but still have originals in a box. It's kinda a heavy one what with the extra bumper and side bars ( I left the huge front bumper off) and they used some serious heavy walled tubing too.
I know this thread is very old, but I love the look of this go-kart!
Is there any way you can pull some measurements for me?
I'd like to design a new version and build one.