OldMiniBikes Build-Off 2016 Team Wbam "Under 17 Class" Rupp Power-Dyne Build

Update!

Thank you everyone!

Note from Mr. Davis (smudvapor),
The students worked really hard on these bikes. For a bunch of 8th graders with no real experience I think they did a fine job. I want to point out that they did all of the assembly at school and when there was a problem I had to take the problem home and bring it back the next day. That created a lot of problems for us because when we encountered a problem that would be no trouble at home with a garage full of tools, etc., they had to stop for the day. They also had the added responsibility of keeping up with their other classes. No work could be completed on the bikes unless all of their other schoolwork was completed and on time. This posed a problem a couple of times and the students could not work on them. This part, in my opinion is what I am most proud of. They could have just said “the heck with it” but they didn’t. They caught up their work and kept working on the bikes.
The Power-Dyne was missing quite a few parts; we tried our best to find everything but in the end we could not get the TC cover to fit correctly in time for the deadline. When I take the bikes home I will take the time to figure it out but they just couldn’t work it out in school. Although the bike runs fine we couldn’t figure out how to get the throttle to work the right way. If I reached down and moved it manually the bike took right off but it is next to impossible to do that and steer.
I posted a video of the bike so you could see how it turned out and that it runs.
I want to thank everyone who helped the kids along and all of those who posted replies and encouragement. It meant a lot to them. I learned a lot too. Next year (If we do this again), I will get some simpler bikes for the class to do.
Thanks again.
Scott

DSC00541.JPG

[video=youtube_share;ILKb9gzRXvo]https://youtu.be/ILKb9gzRXvo[/video]

Awesome job to you all...and especially the teacher for making it happen. Like I said on the other post...we need more teachers like this. Thank you all for participating:thumbsup: