On ebay right now and I'm stumped

i think its an american leisure from phila pa . i have a frame like that but with a front plate on the forks that says panther ss on it . ill try to post a picture later.

Ya I saw that on ebay as a pair of bikes for sale right. Believe it or not front rim could be off a rupp dart cycle but not a real clear picture of it.

markus

Great call on that one Scott...rarely does SimpleTom get stumped by a bike....you get an extra piece of Easter candy for that...:thumbsup:

Ring up Scott283 for the "Best Answer".....

Nice, interesting that it has a Shenuit tire on it, whats the date code on the tecumseh to get an idea of the build date of the bike.

Those must be like the Black Jack minibikes that were built in Chicago. You only find them in IL and surrounding states. The American Leisure bikes probably didn't go much further than the surrounding states around PA.

Thanks scott283!

Another American Leisure find!

Well, I managed to find this bike local to me and since this thread seems to be the only place I've found anything on American Leisure I figured I'd just post it here. This is a true barn find and what appears to be the most complete example I can find from this company. As soon as I can get to it, I'll be doing a break down and clean up to see what's underneath some of the barn grime. I rubbed some oily dirt off to reveal glossy orange paint so I'm very optimistic that it will reveal a nice survivor. The guy didn't know why the head was removed but fortunately my brother found it in the weeds outside the barn and we found the hardware sitting on a ledge in the barn but unfortunately we couldn't locate the recoil and blower housing. :confused: If anyone has anything more on these bikes, I'd love to see it. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Gerry, there is your shot of the clutch guard with decals all still in tact and very nice.

Street Smart

Glad i lookin in this thread, its the same frame i started with on my "drag bike".

long and low, at leastnow i know what it started as.

Last edited: