Other Hobbies

I74

I still have a few of the plastic car models I built in the '70s.

View attachment 300346

Hobby Lobby carries a nice selection of some of the classics.
Many of them are around $30.00, but they go on sale quite often.
Watched a vid doc. of that Daytona recently on You Tube,, with the team & driver taking it out to Bonneville & breaking records with it,, after NASCAR wouldn't let them race it anymore,, because of the other ''non'' Mopar teams crying about it. :rolleyes:

Think it held land speed records for ''many'' years ..... :cool:;)

I

Last edited:

Gatecrasher

8 ball deluxe...8 ball corner pocket...POP...something like that anyway...loved that game!!
In attract mode it says, "Quit talking and start chalking" Best pinball machine of all-time IMO (and a lot of other people too).

You guys made me think of two more "hobbies" I am into.

I like plastic model kits too.

20230407_085956.jpg

Also am into somewhat vintage audio equipment (Polk SRT Seismic System) the baddest flagship speakers Polk ever made. 1,000 sets total with 500 going to the USA and the other 500 going overseas in the mid 90's. Originally one set of these speakers sold for almost $12,000 in 1990's dollars. I have refurbished all the drivers and amps for the 2 sets I have. I also have three PSW1200 subs added to the system.

SRT01s.jpg

SRT02s.jpg

pomfish

Those Polks look Badazz.
Had one of those subs and cannot imagine 3 of them at once !

Still have a set of LS90's in Rosewood and they sound as good today as the day I bought them new.

I74

Guess I ought to add,,, 100_7410.JPG ,

Spiff'in up my 2015 Dart while have'n a few Buds & a few shots of Drambuie,, & liste'n to some ''righteous'' classic rock & classic R&B tunes out in my Man cave garage to one of my vintage quad systems . :):cool:;) 100_7411.JPG

Last edited:

pomfish

What Quad's do you have?

Sold all that stuff at one time or another.
Fav was JVC -5446. but also liked the Sansui stuff.
And what Quad LP's do you have? Really wish I would have saved that.

I74

What Quad's do you have?

Sold all that stuff at one time or another.
Fav was JVC -5446. but also liked the Sansui stuff.
And what Quad LP's do you have? Really wish I would have saved that.

I have a whole mix of classic stuff that I pretty much blend together..

Infinity & Sansui,, for my music room Bass playing ''to'' system speakers.
Amp on that is a vintage early 80's ''natural sound'' Japan made -Yamaha,, with EQ.
Cassette & CD components ,, are classic Pioneer & Sony.

Out in the Man cave garage,, I have an old Pioneer - Super tuner 3 -''240w''- ''car'' CD deck,, that I have set up with 3 - 12 volt batts. ''in parallel'',, with a total of over 24ah of capacity,, off a MM 1000 electric Mini bike,, that I converted to Lith. Ion.

Quad Speakers on that,, are old vintage 'killer'' 6 by 9 ''Clarion'' co ax's,, & 2 - 6 by 9 classic Pioneer - 4 way 300 watt.

Got them all in ported cabs I made,, & they sound ''epic '' !!

Can usually run that ''semi cranked'' for around 3+ hrs. on a charge.

Also have an old ''Japan made'' - ''AIWA''- Karokee 350w. ''awesome'' system out there, with powered subs,, that also has an integrated BBE ''sonic maximizer'' ect. with adjustable processing & EQ ect. :cool:

Added,,

If I understood you right on LP's,, I still have the '''original A&M'' - ''Styx Equinox'' on LP,, that I purchased new in 76'.

Don't think there was a better LP ever made for ''multi speaker shift'' than that one . ;)

Last edited:

I74

Here's a pic of how I did my Super tuner deck,, with added heat sinks I made from an alum. shower door channel, plus volt read out & master switch 100_7419.JPG ect.

I74

You might notice on the upper right of some of my CD collection,, - the Best of the Temptations.

There is an ''epic'' song on there that was was recorded 50+ years ago,, called - ''Ball of confusion - what the world is today'',, & is ''definitely still'' a reflection of ''our'' world today,, sadly.. :confused: