Owosso trike 800 rebuild

I picked this trike up like 3mi from my house in an old barn and I’m fixing it up. My plan was to go with a 13hp electric start Honda with a stage one but it won’t fit the body without heavy modifications and I don’t wanna cut the body or frame so going with a 7hp clone with electric start. My question is how where the rear brakes setup since it has a brake drum in the front. Where the rears a y setup or?? It has the 2 rear drums with bands setup. Pics or help would be great. Thanks

Attachments

Diggers,
If I remember right, there are a few decent Owosso trike threads in the search archives, some with pictures. No wear marks or weld cuts to give you a lead? I put a brake on each rear axle when fabing a differential drive train.
Hope this helps,
If you aren’t too far from Owosso, a road trip might be good if there are company remnants around town.

I just recently sold this one so I can’t get any more pictures. Two band brakes on the rear axle. The one you have looks to have been The street legal version with front brakes, turning signals and horn. Big block Tecumseh fits the best… The fuel tank fill hole lines up with the hole in the fiberglass body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pics that one is nice. Yes there is 2 band brakes in the rear but how does it hook into one cable to the handle since the other handle is for the front. Is there a t type adapter to use???

Each rear brake had its own hand lever. Maybe that front brake was added by someone. The two rear brakes stopped mine just fine. Perhaps you don’t need the front one

I have one as well. Mine won't be a factory look. I am trying to make it look tough. Don't know if I will you the factory seat though. I am going with a standard go kart brake in the rear. Mine had no brake in the front wheel. Does look like some one added that. My seat is a purple one. I like your blue one better. Good luck.