Painting the plastic fenders ?

Any one try painting the new stsyle plastic fenders m with the new paint designed for plastic items ? Did it come out ok ?

Flyier

I haven't painted the plastic fenders on a DB with plastic pain but have painted other plastic items and it has always worked out for me. Main thing is to make sure your works space is room temperature (at least) and mist on light coats and build up til you get a nice uniform coating. When I did mine I waited 10 minutes or until other the paint on the plastic was dry to touch. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

I haven't painted plastic fenders either and I haven't tried the paint for plastics. I have painted plastic car parts before with regular DUPLICOLOR PAINT for cars but I used DUPLICOLOR ADHESION PROMOTER prior to applying the paint. I haven't seen any problems or peeling yet.

Maybe the paint for plastics has ADHESION PROMOTER in the paint already.....I don't know.

They have special paint in the spray cans now just for plastic items, and I would agree they have a special additive for it to flex. I am going to try it - low luster black.

Flyier -

I tried one from Lowes by I think Rustolum some time ago on a motorcyle fender and it actually worked just fine, flexed ok and did not crack or peel.
I am thinking of doing one of my DB30 fenders with it just to see how it works on THAT kind of plastic.
Not all plastics are the same material so what works on one may not work on another, worst case is you spent $$ on a can of paint and an hour cleaning it off.

Rustoleum has a plastic primer which I used to paint my plastic TAV cover. The plastic paint did not match the Dodge flame red. But with the plastic primer you can use any top coat. The primer etches the plastic for better hold. Holds up very well and the color was a perfect match.

outdoorguy

TomH

My tav cover has the decal all scratched up. Think I will try some of the rustoleum primer and top coat. the plastic paint I have seen looks like it is a flat or simi gloss