Pedator 212 Fuel Starvation

I have 3 predator 212 engines all less than a year old. Riding around the property where I am never full throttle more than 30 seconds at a time they perform beautifully. However, when I drive them at my friends house where I can hold it full throttle for a longer time after about 45 seconds or so I start getting fuel starvation and they sputter out. I can restart them on choke right away but must wait a few seconds before it will run off choke. All three do the exact same thing.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Hemi 212s? Do you think it is a problem with the tank breather (running stock tanks) or a carb issue? I kinda doubt its a sediment problem as its all three engines. Possible fuel filter flow issue? I am running a TAV2 on all three so highest rpm is still only around 4000 most of the time.

check the fuel line from the tank to the carb. I never did like the way predator routed them I have found them to be pinched or kinked in some areas . pull the line off the carb and see how the flow is. if its kinda weak it would supply the motor enough to ride around slowly because the fuel consumption would be less than the supply but you need a good amount of flow to hold it wide open,
I have a 212 with a 22mm mikuni with a stock tank and no fuel pump and turn 7700rpms with no fuel starvation. I did however take the stock fuel line off the tank went down to the local autoparts store and bought some 3/16 fuel line and rerouted it from the tank to the carb with clamps. no problems!!

got my first pred 212 hemi in a box to be used later....i think most clones have to be started with choke even when hot .......just to throw this out there..I've heard oil sensor cutting out engine kinda a problem on those...have you got oil sensor bypassed?

I thought about the oil sensor but never tried unhooking it. It would make sense that at high rpm the oil is being splashed so much that there is not enough in the sump to cover the sensor. Probably not a bad idea to unhook. I always check the oil anyway before use. I'm also going to check for a kinked line or possibly a restrictive filter. I'm taking it over to my friends again tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to open it up long enough to solve the problem.

When it runs out of fuel and shuts off try cracking open the gas cap and see if it has any suction. It may just not be sufficiently vented and be pulling a vacuum in the tank. Or try riding it with the cap just loose enough to breath but not come off.

Doug

I'll try that. I do remember feeling a suction from it last time it happened but never had time to fix it. How would you suggest venting the tank better? Possibly drill a small hole in the cap like older caps used to be. I think it's got a vent line with a check valve now. Possibly just doesn't flow enough.

I ran two of the predator engines last Sunday and did not experience the fuel starvation anymore. I'm not sure why they decided to cooperate but I'm not going to argue. Possibly didn't have enough land to go WOT long enough. Thanks for all the advice. I'll keep it in mind if it happens again.