Picked up a Swap Meet Bonanza!!! More Model & Engine Information Needed

I scored a Bonanza finally! :thumbsup: Picked it up at the Portland Swap meet a few weeks ago (along with two other Cat Chopper minis, a NOS 3.5HP Briggs, and a HS40 with lighting coil! -----it's gettin' a bit crazy, stacking up minis like cord-wood now....lol).

I've done a bunch of research to catch up on Bonanzadom but still aren't sure exactly what model or year this is nor what type of engine it is supposed to have.

Best I can tell, I take it is a BC-1200 of some sort? From what I gather, the front plate serial number doesn't tell you anything (which is missing anyways). Any other serial numbers??

What engine did this mini originally have? I dig the full suspension and jack-shaft setup, a first of any of my minis. I am thinking my Rotax 2-stroke engine would be awfully fun in this frame, he he he :devil2:

Thanks ahead of time on any additional information anyone can share on this mini......thanks!

I'd say it's a forward peg BC1200. Nothing else to help as far as serial numbers. I believe it would have had an HS40. If you dig through the brochures it should say for that model. Great find with the Go Powers!

I'd say it's a forward peg BC1200. Nothing else to help as far as serial numbers. I believe it would have had an HS40. If you dig through the brochures it should say for that model. Great find with the Go Powers!
OK, thought it was likely a BC1200....just not sure on what engine it was supposed to have to be correct or what year? Looks like the engine mounting plate can handle several engine types? Coincidentally, I scored a nice Tecumseh HS40 with lighting coil at the swap meet too, if that is indeed the motor it is supposed to have.

I saw the Hodaka engined model 1200 in the brochures, don't have one of those but do have a 2-stroke Rotax that would be fun.

To heck with the Bonanza....lets see the Cats !!!:hammer:
Hope to take some better pictures of them today, show the other side too. They are amazing. . . .one purple and one green! The green one is definitely a Hustler, not sure about the purple one. Both have a single mono-shock front end I'm not seeing anywhere in the many Cat chopper pictures I have looked at...maybe later '70s models or something?

The green one has rear drum brake only while the purple one has rear scrub brake plus a snazzy disc brake on the sprocket! The green ones seat is perfect while the purple one does have a couple of rips but not bad-I think I can sew it up. :thumbsup: Both choppers have Tecumseh 3.5HP rear poppers.

I'll do a separate post on the Cats once I get some more pictures.

Your on a roll. Great score:thumbsup:
thanks! I know I've been way lucky, it was a crazy crazy swap meet and a crazier month (why I haven't been around lately!)....did real good selling at the show but then it all went bye-bye when I found the minis and engines, lol. :shrug: :eek:ut:

Last edited:
Hope to take some better pictures of them today, show the other side too. They are amazing. . . .one purple and one green! The green one is definitely a Hustler, not sure about the purple one. Both have a single mono-shock front end I'm not seeing anywhere in the many Cat chopper pictures I have looked at...maybe later '70s models or something?

The green one has rear drum brake only while the purple one has rear scrub brake plus a snazzy disc brake on the sprocket! The green ones seat is perfect while the purple one does have a couple of rips but not bad-I think I can sew it up. :thumbsup: Both choppers have Tecumseh 3.5HP rear poppers.

I'll do a separate post on the Cats once I get some more pictures.

:punk: they live!!!!!!!