Picked up another nice side popper

Pretty sure it's a '71. From a Toro and I don't think they were around in '61? I could be wrong.

I love this one. Has a cool red plastic tank (Oh yeah, plastic tank, gotta be '71) under some white chalky stuff that was still on it in the pic.

Really, really great sounding compression. No spark though. When I opened the shroud a nest the size of my head fell out. SHIVER! Friggin mice man... It freaks me out one could have gotten out in the car. Highly doubtful as I did pull the recoil a lot before I put it in. Anyway, I changed the points and condenser and still no spark. I guess the coil was chewed by the filthy vermin..

Started stripping it nonetheless. I have a coil I'll be trying tonight.

Blech! Sickening... They even had a big ol' walnut in there with em!

Coming along. Threw the carb in the spare parts box as there is no check ball rattle. Once I get spark I've got a new one waiting for it.

Good looking motor. I have a side popper but no minibike to put it on yet.. I heard of the check ball rattle before but I also heard it doesnt matter. Ive had a tecumseh that I couldnt hear the check ball and the carb still worked good.

Good looking motor. I have a side popper but no minibike to put it on yet.. I heard of the check ball rattle before but I also heard it doesnt matter. Ive had a tecumseh that I couldnt hear the check ball and the carb still worked good.
Ive got so many carbs right now i just play it safe. But that is an interesting remark. I never used to even check till i read an article saying if u dont hear it rattle throw it away and move on. I always wondered if compressed air wouldnt free it up anyway, At least in some cases?

What minibike are you throwing that engine on? Are you gonna keep the factory muffler or make a pipe? I would like to put 2 side poppers on something with pipes coming down the side. You got a color in mind that you want to paint it?

What minibike are you throwing that engine on? Are you gonna keep the factory muffler or make a pipe? I would like to put 2 side poppers on something with pipes coming down the side. You got a color in mind that you want to paint it?
I dont know which bike yet. I bought a bunch of right angle exhaust pipes awhile back that just need a little mounting modification. For now i just wanna get it to run then ill worry abt the other stuff

jrzmac

you could do something like this: