Plain 420 72 tooth sprocket source?

Stitch

Hi,
Does anyone have any idea where to purchase a plain 70-72 tooth 420 sprocket with no holes?
I plan on boring one and drilling out the mounting holes for my CT200U project. I am going with a stage 1 on a H.F. 6.5 212cc Hemi with a TAV 10 tooth driver.
Thank you~
Stitch
sprocketdwg.jpg

ryGuy

Stitch would you make two of those? I am looking at switching to a TAV too and have been looking for sprockets for the CT200U without much success...

REBEL GEARS CUSTOM MADE MOTORCYCLE SPROCKETS ANY SIZE i got a 420..68 tooth on my ct200u think was $78 any bigger than 72t that not enough tire ..my 68t..is almost 11" dia with chain....420 makes the sprocket big..i went straight from clutch to rear sprocket 6.8 to 1 ..rides like a motorbike ..a cruiser ..no wheelies goes 40 mph ..im putting 18" turf tires (stock coleman 19")on mine next 17 1/4" or more real dia.probably lose 2 mph top end no biggie...gimmie small bit more torque..ride only street so 3 1/4" tire ground clearance i can deal with ..the turf tires have a wide square shoulder profile so helps... #35 sprocket is smaller dia could be a choice if you going with tc ..just a thought.:drinkup:

Last edited:
REBEL GEARS CUSTOM MADE MOTORCYCLE SPROCKETS ANY SIZE i got a 420..68 tooth on my ct200u think was $78 any bigger than 72t that not enough tire ..my 68t..is almost 11" dia with chain....420 makes the sprocket big..i went straight from clutch to rear sprocket 6.8 to 1 ..rides like a motorbike ..no wheelies goes 40 mph ..im putting 18" turf tires (stock coleman 19")on mine next 17 1/4" real dia.probably lose 2 mph top end no biggie...gimmie small bit more torque..ride only street so 3 1/4" tire ground clearance i can deal with ..the turf tires have a wide square shoulder profile so helps... #35 sprocket is smaller dia could be a choice if you going with tc ..just a thought.:drinkup:
Raskin, just curious about a couple of things. I would assume you are still running the stock clutch with a 10 tooth count? Good take off without straining the clutch? And what are your thoughts on quality of fit and finish of the new gear?

Thanks for posting up the link. It may just be the easiest way to go for us with our 420cc conversion and a jackshaft for fine tuning the ratio.

Yes stock 10t..guess you could get a beefier high end clutch with same tooth...been running this setup 2 months clutch ok still ..i'm 190 lbs...not sure if higher lock up rpm clutch would be better.... it takes off fine..i dont have to flintstone it at all...if your running street ..no tall big hills or trail rides you're ok..im getting a 212 hemi next week.. got gx200 clone still on it..oh new gear fits great..fast delivery.. quality..read link description of material used

Last edited:
Yes stock 10t..guess you could get a beefier high end clutch with same tooth...been running this setup 2 months clutch ok still ..i'm 190 lbs...not sure if higher lock up rpm clutch would be better.... it takes off fine..i dont have to flintstone it at all...if your running street ..no tall big hills or trail rides you're ok..im getting a 212 hemi next week.. got gx200 clone still on it..oh new gear fits great..fast delivery.. quality..read link description of material used
I checked out the link and see that they use good stuff. You will like the Hemi. We use Max Torque clutches on ours and have had great results. Reasonable cost too. You can find them on Ebay for $35.00 and free shipping.

ryGuy

FOMOGO did I see that correctly? You are putting a 420 on the Coleman CT200U?

If so, that's originally my pipe dream for when I got this thing...

FOMOGO did I see that correctly? You are putting a 420 on the Coleman CT200U?

If so, that's originally my pipe dream for when I got this thing...
Close.... We are building 2 Baja Warriors with 420's in them. 3 inch stretch and lighting coils. Changing them to disc brakes too. Just gathering information and waiting for Jan 1....

Close.... We are building 2 Baja Warriors with 420's in them. 3 inch stretch and lighting coils. Changing them to disc brakes too. Just gathering information and waiting for Jan 1....
cool..can't wait to see that..yeah 420 weighs almost 30 lbs more than a 212..the torque must be nice......i got a 10 hp briggs 305 havent really looked at...probably a vanguard..on a 11 year old generator i got during a bad hurricane year..never started it or put oil in ..my wife made me buy it ..they really not good for more than 5 hrs at a time and you got to store tons of gas and change oil so not really a long term solution..i looked into coverting to propane,but propane runs it lean unless you feather in some gas so im thinking of taking engine for my Coleman..i will never get much for it selling it and will never use it..really good for a jobsite..which i will never be on again sooo..its got 1" crank unless you have end machined to 3/4" .i see 1" bore clutches are only outbound..guess i could use the jackshaft i removed from the Coleman.. haha..me to wife..what generator?

Last edited:
I Blueprinted the rear stock 50 tooth sprocket while I had it off for the new tires swap out. Here is what I came up with for actual dimensions in case anyone is thinking about going with a 60 tooth sprocket for their CT200U.
Stitch

ACTUAL SPROCKET DIMS.jpg

IMG_0332.JPG

Last edited: